Sastrugi Package - Updated

Hi All,

It has been a while since I was able to look at developing any further functionality for the package, but now its time for a couple of exciting new additions to make working with Pointcloud data easier. :slight_smile:

:snowflake: Sastrugi Version 2.0.1 :snowflake:

This release will likely be the last that I do with code in the IronPython environment, as future releases will leverage the new capabilities provided in Cpython3.

Link to package release page:

Brief content description:

:snowflake:_Pointcloud RANSAC Plane Detection

UPDATED NODE: A revised algorithm has been added that should improve accuracy of plane definitions and speeds up calculation time.

This can be seen in action here:

ransac

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Select Points Randomly

RENAMED NODE: This has been renamed to fit in with the ‘Selection’ naming convention of new added nodes.

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Column From Points

This node calculates the shape and parameters for a column by assessing the layout of input points.
There will be room for improvement here, as this is a ‘proof-of-concept node’ to prove to myself that this was possible. :slight_smile: column from points

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Get Point Count

This node extracts number of points within the linked Recap Project file for the selected Pointcloud.
It is important to note that this is only functional with Revit 2022 API.

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Select Point

This node allows the selection of a single point from a Pointcloud Instance.

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Select Points

This node allows the selection of a multiple points from a Pointcloud Instance.

I am finding this node great for placing adaptive components, or approximating the external bounding dimensions and offsets required to define windows and doors in walls.

place family by points

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Select Points By Intersecting Element

This node takes a sample of random points from a Pointcloud Instance by using an intersecting element as the filter.

IntersectingFilter

:snowflake:_Pointcloud Select Points By Local Sample

This node allows users to select a specific number of Pointcloud Points by selecting a location on the Pointcloud in the Active View, creating a local sample area to extract points.

Local Sample

These new nodes should allow for greater stability of point cloud point selection for customized workflows. See the Examples page on my site for a few ideas. :wink: I have also updated the site with a couple of new sections I will be updating more regularly (Code Snips and an Exploration Blog)

10 Likes