Run-time issue with placing views on sheets ("Generating graphics for...")

I am trying to create a script for generating sheets and placing views on them. The issue I’m having is that the node that does the viewport placement takes too long. I have the tried viewport placement nodes from different packages (Rhythm, Crumple).
I am using TuneUp to try and time the run-time result, and it often takes approx. 10-15 seconds per viewport for that one node. That feels like a lot.

I have noticed that while running the script, Revit prompts the same message 3 times in a row for the same view: “Generating graphics for…”

Is that normal? Could I be missing something? I am feeding the node with the same amount of sheets and views. Why does it have to process the same view 3 times?
Any advice on how to lower the execution time?

What happens if you place the view manually, does it get faster?
From the screen capture you are placing an area plan, is there a color fill? Is it a big project?

When I drag and drop it, it still tries to generate graphics multiple times for that view. It might just be a Revit thing and depends on the complexity of the plan…

This is what the plan looks like:

It’s a relatively busy one but still…

It’s definitely the complexity of the views you a packing. Try closing all worksets first (so that there is nothing to generate graphics of) and see if that speeds things along.