Revit Sheet Parametric number array

Hello !
I need help with a parametric number array on a sheet…
I need the numbers to change automatically when the parametric sheet is stretched. there is any way to assign labels or another type of solution??
I have attached a picture of the problem.

Why not build a standard family? No need or advantage in Dynamo that I can see in this application.

This isnt really a Dynamo task.

You can use this video to help you along your path on how to build something parametric in this manner.

As far as I know, you cannot update a label element’s parameter in Revit in an array in a formula.

A label in Revit must first exist to be associated with a parameter, and using an array means the label is created on the fly. Also, the resulting elements are technically instances of the original label in the array so that those resulting instances would be associated with that initial parameter.

So yeah, this can’t be done with OOTB Revit with just an array.

I would decide which distances my end user can do and nest a generic annotation family with numbers for each grid.

E.g., My Parametric Titleblock can support horizontal distances of 8", 11", 17", 36", and 42". Each time a user drags the grip to any of those sizes, visibility is set for each distance. I don’t think I would want users to be able to pick any dimension they want for a title block.

1 Like

So if you were to nest a generic annotation into the title block with a set number of letters spread out, you could kind of get what you want:
20231024-TitleblockStuff

The downside is, it only supports however many letters you pre-program. As you can see below, I only went up to the letter H

1 Like

Exactly what I had in mind. :slight_smile:

Yes, this is what I’m talking about. The problem is that the company wants to numerate the grids from left to right, so it’s hard to apply the visibility parameter and allow you to have new numbers when you’re stretching the sheet. thank you for the reply anyway, I’ll further discuss this. I would love to have the option to integrate a formula that would give back new numbers but is not possible in this case.

Hi,

This is one of the ways it could work, you just get a lot of parameters :face_with_diagonal_mouth: to prepare all the numbers.

Nested generic annotation with label, reference lines and a couple of parameters.
2023-10-25_10-48-27

There is a reference line on every label (locked and aligned) and dimension have equality between then reference lines.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Amazing thank you !

1 Like