Rename family names Dynamo 1.x

Thanks X this post really helpful

Hello,
I am new with use of Dynamo scripts.
I am using Revit 2015 for current project.
All family types are in Chinese language as model done by china based company.
I need guidance to change family name & type from Chinese to English.

Seeking guidance for the same.

Regards,
Bhishma

Hello @Ernesto_Pellegrino ,

I used your dyn string to change family name and it’s fine.
I need to change the family type name as well from cinese to english…
can you help me on the same?

Thanks,
Bhishma

hi @cftrevizo,
probably you should make sure that all of the custom nodes and libraries are correctly loaded into 2.0
To be honest I do not remember what packages I’ve used, but if you start 1.3, make a screenshot, and then start the 2.0 and look at the loaded packages… hope it helps :slight_smile:

hello @Bhishma,
I don’t know if I can help you right now, probably this will need few hours (because I’m a newbiee)…
Next week I’ll try to cut some time for this…

Try not to post the same question to multiple locations. It makes it harder to get you and others and answer.

See here:

4 Likes

I added a comment to the link Sean provided.

Hello @SeanP
actually this is my first time using the blog :sweat_smile: thanks for your advice i will delete the other posts :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m facing some troubles with the script. When I click Run Script, a different window appears than what you have:

Can you please check, it’s very urgent. Your help will be much appreciated! Thank you.

What happens when you run the graph in Dynamo?

It says “Run completed

Yet I noticed something in the graph itself. A warning message:

What does that mean?

It means you don’t have that package installed.
Check if you have Clockwork Package installed.

1 Like

Hello !
I think your dynamo script may be really interesting!
I cannot launch it though :frowning:

Can you help me?
I post hereby the problems it gives me when I open it on my computer (I have Revit 2019.2.2, Dynamo version 1.3.4)

hi @Fed17 in your image I see a red box, the element.category node. You have to install other packages

try installing clockwork package

Thank you @Ernesto_Pellegrino for your answer!
I have already installed Clockwork package , but it is not that one. Do you know which one it is?
Thank you in advance

I’m sorry I don’t remember but try downloading those packages, usually I use them:

all elements of family name
archi-lab
bakery
battleBIM
bimorphNodes
bumblebee
clockwork
data-shapes
dynamoGIS
lunchbox
orchid
rhythm
spring nodes
steamNodes

make sure you download the correct version for dynamo 1.3.4 (generally the 2018 versions)

ok , perfect!
Thank you!

Thank you, it doesn’t work from my side, can you have a look and advise me that would be great.

the script was made in dynamo 1.3.4 and probably it’s having difficulties to run because some libraries changed or something like that.
I’ll try to do a new version for dynamo 2.x and publish it next week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ernesto, thank you for quick response. I’m looking for rename some system families, hope it work when I have your updated script.