Rename a individual spaces using room names from linked model. Updated rooms name from linked model. Solved

I wanted to see if there is a way to rename selected spaces with an updated room name from a linked model.
I’m still trying a few things. One of my approached was to tag all the rooms with a room tag and then try to get the name from the room tag and place it in the name of the space tag but I’m having no luck.
I created a select tags dialog, and I am able to return the parameters of the tag but it does not show the name of the room and space. Any suggestion?

Supporting info:

Supporting info:

Spaces can already read their associated Room’s Name and Number. So assuming your link has rooms that match your space locations, you can get those values directly from the Space and just write it back to the Space parameters.

I am aware of this. The reason I ask about this is not all the rooms in the in the linked model are named and I therefore end up manually naming the same if I have an idea how the space is going to function. However, if i use the space naming tool in Revit to update the names, all the unnamed spaced will sometimes change to “Room” as the name or if the room in the linked model is not bounded properly, other spaces will pick up on the and it becomes a whole mess.

In the image above, my space picks up “Boiler Equipment” as the space name (which is the room below this room) instead of “Plumbing Equip”.

That sounds like a model issue. If Revit isn’t picking up the correct room then Dynamo is probably going to have just as much trouble. You need to get everything working in the model first. Make sure the rooms and spaces have the correct bounding and calculation offsets and same phasing. If you have multiple linked models, you can also unload everything but the Arch model to confirm that it’s not just an overlay issue.

I figured it out. Here is is if anyone else come across this.

Tags: Single space naming, single space renaming, space updating, space name update, rename single space

Individual Space Renaming .dyn (55.2 KB)