Removing the span direction after floor by room boundary (span direction causing havoc in groups)

I recently made a graph to create floors by room boundary, mainly used for floor finishes. As we have a lot of duplication in our models we make a lot of us of groups.

The floor sketch created using the graph places a line as span direction which is causing all the groups to explode, removing the span direction from the floor resolves the issue.

I’m trying to find a way to either not create the floor with span direction line or to remove it after making the floor, I’m not finding much for either method and hope someone can help?

Edit to add the script (now that I can upload files)
Create floor by room boundary.dyn (130.0 KB)

1 Like

@BJozi ,

Create your floors (slabs) as “not LoadBearing” ! than you get no symbole :slight_smile:

a modelrule (should be) finished floor is not LoadBearing…

Where is the option to do in the nodes? I’m using Floor.ByCurveLoops (Rhythm) node, is there a different node with the option to make them non-loadbearing? The created floors are not “Structural” when made with my graph.

1 Like

@BJozi ,

in your node should be something like this…
grafik

What package is that node from? I don’t see it in Dynamo 2.12.

Is outline input is curves of the room boundary? (And it makes donut floors also?)

@BJozi ,

grafik

I get a different result (Dynamo 2.12 R2022) :thinking:

You are missing an f at the end it seems

@BJozi ,

switch to python

With an F included I get no results. Is it a different Dynamo version or a node from a package? Also notice his says Autodesk2022 while mine does not?

@Draxl_Andreas I can have a look at that link but I was hoping to avoid Python as I don’t my way about it.

Edit to add:
The crumple package also doesn’t have the structural floor option

Try Installing Civil connection package for the node.
However this node only works if the floor is sloped.
You can also work with Clockwork package .
Check this post it might help.

@BJozi ,

you modify the package
grafik

its still not working, but something like that :wink:

You lost me at modify package, I have copied your example but as you say it still doesn’t work.

@ahmadkhalaf7892 Thanks, I got the node however I now have a problem with the curves in put which I’m not sure to get around

@BJozi ,

flatten your input by outline…

if not make a polycurve(join) → flatten → first/rest Item(s) → polycurve(join) → input

1 Like

if you are aiming to create a sloped floor try using this node from clockwork package
Clockwork
it can also help, however using this approach you have to create the floor first in 2D then you need to get the points(profile of the floor) and add them to this node.
in your script above I believe you are adding wrong inputs to the node.

I’m either not following or understanding the differences btween the various nodes and what thy are expecting as input (or how to get the correct data to the input)

I’ve added the script here, it uses DataShapes and everything works except that it adds a line for the span direction, which when the floor is added to a group makes the group explode.

Create floor by room boundary.dyn (130.0 KB)

Can you please send me the Revit File you are also currently working on , Maybe I can know what’s the problem

I can’t share my current project so I’ve made a small test project. In it there are two groups with walls and a floor.

The floor was created using the script I shared earlier. When you add the floor to one of the groups it will break the group which has to do with the span direction line. With the span direction line removed there are no problems.

Test project.rvt (1.7 MB)

Hi BJozi , My Revit is 2021 do you believe you can create the same model in 2021 ?

It’s just a few walls grouped together and then copied. Interestingly, I can’t get the script to work in R2021 but adding a floor which has a span line (instead of using the sketch line) to the group breaks things as well. If I can avoid the line for span all would be fine

Test project.rvt (1.7 MB)