Profiles with datum and stations

hello,

I am trying to combine 4 profiles with respect to datum and station values in to a single view. the polycuve of the profiles are following the actual alignment locations. how to get all four profiles in single view based on station and datum in X and Y plane? is this possible in dynamo ? (attached image for reference

Actualprofiles )

Thanks for the support.

@shahid.shaikh_C3D this does not exactly what you want and it is not very flexible but it should get you going.

1 Like

Thanks Paolo…indeed its taking lots of twists and turns to get to the profile. Anyway thanks for the way forward. will work on this path let you know if i get to the solution.

Thanks alot Paolo…this worked perfectly and with little bit of editing was able to achieve the required solution.

1 Like

@shahid.shaikh_C3D just one question: why are you not using the Profile view with Civil 3D directly, what is the benefit for you of using Dynamo in this case?

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 i have four legs of roundabout which are connecting to central island, all alignments have chainage corresponding to central island alignment chainage. So to generate central island profile i need all four legs profile at single location,civil 3d profile view is not much useful as project profiles will also not work. Roundabout …please let me know if i am missing something in civil 3D.

@shahid.shaikh_C3D I see, did you try to create 4 temporary corridors with a subassembly made of a single Mark Point, extract the corresponding feature lines and project those onto the roundabout profile view? But hey, as long as it works for you, it works for me :slight_smile:

i am not big fan of featureline and we were creating dummy corridor in past to update profiles, anyway this will be dynamic with current profiles (dynamo) and as the leg profiles are updated this will be available to update the island profiles.

2 Likes