Generating profile views for multiple alignments at once

Hi Civil 3D Crew!
I’m currently working on a massive new city development project with an extensive network of roads. My daily workflow involves juggling numerous alignments, surfaces, and their profiles, which can be quite time-consuming.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has a Dynamo script for:

Generating profile views for multiple alignments at once:

This would be a major time-saver compared to manually generating individual profiles for each alignment.
Creating surface profiles on multiple alignments:

Bonus points if it lets me choose profile labels and styles! For example, showing natural ground in green without labels and proposed roads in red with labels.

Any helpful Dynamos or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Search

2 Likes

Hi and Welcome.
Agree with @hosneyalaa, check the search function. That’s really great and let you find any shared graphs.
Then I recommend you to read the ”How to get help” thread.

KR,
Patrick

2 Likes

Hey everyone, thanks for the search suggestions!
I checked the forum’s search, but what I found mostly helps with making separate profile views for different parts of the same road. That’s cool, but not quite what I need.
I’m not actually trying to split up a single alignment into multiple views. I have 10 separate alignments , and I’m hoping to generate profile views for all of them at once , not split them across sheets. Ideally, I’d like them all neatly displayed in separate views.

@MUDASSAR.IQBALFD8WJ

3 Likes

Thank you, @hosneyalaa. I appreciate your quick response. Your suggestions work and are helping me save time. I apologize that I couldn’t find the information myself when I searched. Thank you again for your precious time and help.