Create Profile Views for Multiple Alignments

For @Ernest.Villanueva. See original post here.

Attached is an example for creating profile views for multiple alignments. There is some Python code to prompt the user for an insertion point, and then options for changing the number of rows, number of columns, and spacing between each, as well as if the views are arranged from bottom-to-top or top-to-bottom. Note that the Civil 3D Toolkit package is required.

CreateProfileViews.dwg (786.9 KB)
CreateProfileViews.dyn (70.6 KB)
MultipleCorridors.xlsx (8.8 KB)

CreateProfileViews

5 Likes

This looks really neat great job!

Hello mzjensen , Thank you for your really helpful file. I have one issue: Profile view i get are empty, theres no terrain at all, but the nodes doesnt show me any advice.
Thank you in advanced

Hi @Carlos.C.D,

It’s not clear what the screenshot is showing. Can you explain a little bit more what you are trying to do? Are you working with the sample files provided above, or with a different dataset?

Hi mzjensen, sorry i made a mistake and Existing Ground wasnt shown in profiles, i fixed it and your .dyn worked great! Thank you

1 Like

Hello, I am new to dynamo, so please forgive me. How do I add or tell the program what surface I am using? I have the same issue as above. I get a profile with no surface. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

@Carlos.C.D this only creates Profile Views and not Profiles. If there are no Profiles associated with the Alignment, then there won’t be anything in the Profile Views. You’ll have to modify or create a different graph if you want to also create Profiles. There are some other examples for how to do this if you search around the forum.

1 Like

Hi @mzjensen thanks for sharing your dynamo script on creating multiple profile views. @Carlos.C.D I think this is the way to add the existing ground profile to the profile views. @mzjensen is this how you would do it? Or would you add this node in the script where you create the multiple alignments?

1 Like

Yep, that works! It certainly could be done in a graph that creates the alignments as well. You could even combine it all and make alignments, profiles, and profile views all at once. Just depends on how you want to set it up.

1 Like

I want to set up a workflow for our existing dry utilities. In our office is a standard that we create pipe networks for our dry utilities and show them 2.5 deep until depth is confirmed. I have a graph that creates alignments from polylines, existing ground profiles, profiles views, and pipe networks from polylines in one run. My problem is that it works only for one polyline at a time. Now that I see your example I know it can be done on multiple polylines at the same time but it might require some python code, is that right?

hi @mzjensen
hello my english is not very good
Can we draw according to the profile view heights, that is, the distance between the profiles should be made automatically according to the frofil height…

Hi @abdullahcicek,

There are some nodes in the Camber package to get the elevation extents (top and bottom) of profile views, which would probably help you accomplish what you’re trying to do.

1 Like

Hi @mzjensen
my Dynamo nodes and sample project…
example I want to draw 10 profiles…

PROFIL_ÇIZME_DWG_02.dyn (390.8 KB)

Zachri,

Thanks for posting this. Just rebuilt the script from scratch for practice. Also added @Anton_Huizinga’s Create Surface Profile node to have the EG profile automatically generated. Pretty neat stuff!

Also it hurt my brain a bit to understand why you were doing (2 x begYCoord - sequenceValues) to invert the Y coordinates. Had to get out the paper and work it out a bit. But makes sense now! Pretty concise method for inverting the row spacing.
Also nice that we have the “pick point” node and don’t need the python script node anymore. Also I think it makes a bit more sense to define the columns based on the number of alignments and rows, or rows based on number of alignments and columns and only prompt for one of them when defining the grid. Hope that makes sense xD

CreateProfileViews.dyn (88.9 KB)

3 Likes

getting error if i use same above file. could you please explain?

You’ll need to show the actual warning message.