Create Profile Views for Multiple Alignments

For @Ernest.Villanueva. See original post here.

Attached is an example for creating profile views for multiple alignments. There is some Python code to prompt the user for an insertion point, and then options for changing the number of rows, number of columns, and spacing between each, as well as if the views are arranged from bottom-to-top or top-to-bottom. Note that the Civil 3D Toolkit package is required.

CreateProfileViews.dwg (786.9 KB)
CreateProfileViews.dyn (70.6 KB)
MultipleCorridors.xlsx (8.8 KB)

2 Likes

This looks really neat great job!

Hello mzjensen , Thank you for your really helpful file. I have one issue: Profile view i get are empty, theres no terrain at all, but the nodes doesnt show me any advice.
Thank you in advanced

Hi @Carlos.C.D,

It’s not clear what the screenshot is showing. Can you explain a little bit more what you are trying to do? Are you working with the sample files provided above, or with a different dataset?

Hi mzjensen, sorry i made a mistake and Existing Ground wasnt shown in profiles, i fixed it and your .dyn worked great! Thank you

1 Like

Hello, I am new to dynamo, so please forgive me. How do I add or tell the program what surface I am using? I have the same issue as above. I get a profile with no surface. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

@Carlos.C.D this only creates Profile Views and not Profiles. If there are no Profiles associated with the Alignment, then there won’t be anything in the Profile Views. You’ll have to modify or create a different graph if you want to also create Profiles. There are some other examples for how to do this if you search around the forum.

1 Like