Problem with Create Annotation Tag (Multi-Category)

I’ve been trying to replace Windows’ Tags with Multi-Category ones with no success. I tried with the Block from Archilab (Image) as well with the one from GeniusLoci

If I use the node from GeniusLoci the error sais:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 182, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Document' object has no attribute 'NewTag'

Can someone point me in the right direction?

@alban_de_chasteigner ?

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/tag-textnote-multi-category-elements/9592?u=m.perez

Hi @M.Perez,

You’re probably working with Revit 2019 and you need to use the Create Independent Tag node.
The Create Annotation Tag (Multi-Category) node is for Revit 2017 and previous versions.

The Create Independent Tag node can also be use to tag linked elements.

You may have also forgotten a document node.
active%20view

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner, thanks for your help again! I had read that from 2019 Create Independent Tag was the right node, but had no success either:

Independent%20Tag

Document.ActiveView seams to be working as expected (see last image, view properly identify).

I tried to do as you say but then Document.ActiveView doesn’t work :S

Document

I am more than confused with this graph.

Can you add a sample file with the family tags and the family to tag (Windows ?) ?

If I try to use a normal Windows tag than it works, but not if a use the Multi-Category tag. In that case, just the first is replaced but with another Tag Family (a Windows’ tag)

<a class=“attachment”

<a class=“attachment”

It works perfectly on my computer.
Replace%20tags
Replace%20tags%202

If you’re using a german version of Revit, please see this post :
https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/create-annotation-tag-archilab-geniusloci-error-in-line-196/35804/4

1 Like

That was it!! I hate this behavior in Dynamo :sob: I just run Revit in English, and it works… Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner for your dedication, I would have never find it out!!

You’re welcome.
I will try to change the code or at least put a warning on the node.

Well, here my Graph, it could be extended to preserve Leder Lines, Ends and Elbows; but it works for me as it is. Only works with Revit in English.

Tag2MultiTag.dyn (22.1 KB)

1 Like

Can you give me this nod “create independent tag”

You must download the Genius Loci package.

Actually i am working in Revit 2016. But for slope pipes, same issue is coming (Traceback) for “create Annotation tag” .can you help me?

Why when i ust this “Create Annotation Tag” does it put 4-5 tags per pipe on of the same tag. Also when i have it in an 3D view it will not tag the pipe.

Hi @Jacob.Riley,

I guess you are using a different graph. If you are doing so, it is better to open a new thread. You can always link in your new topic this one if you think it will helps the others to understand what you want to achieve.

If you were using the same graph and not just the node you would get a new tag for every old one.

You can not place tags in a 3D view.

If you open a new topic, it is always a good idea to post a screenshot of your graph. That helps others to find errors in it.

See you around!