Points to Surface

Good morning
I would like to know how to convert points to a surface, thank you for your collaboration.

1 Like

@jaiden.rincon ,

check out :wink:

Hello, thank you for your reply.
This routine does not work for me, since my points come from a particular element, and I want to generate a surface to be able to join it with another that I have, I do not know if there is another way to generate surfaces when they come from some element.

Hola amigo @jaiden.rincon, Try to make a closed curve of your points to create a polygon and then use the Curve.Patch node, here is an example I hope it helps!

@gilberto.arechigaiba ,

can you that with meshes also? i have trouble!

Amigo @jaiden.rincon, I see you are trying to get the geometry of a revit element if I am not wrong, try this node: Element.Solid will give you a solid that Dynamo can interpret, I am not sure but I think it is a Floor you are trying to analyze, what do you think @Draxl_Andreas??
https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Revit/Elements/Element/Query/Solids

Amigo, do you want me to take a look at your .rvt can you share it please? not sure I understand what you are trying to do?

@gilberto.arechigaiba ,

the issue looks like a point clound… so meshes are differnd to solids and geometry
i was just looking for something convert mesh to solid … but the college will answer :wink: @jaiden.rincon

@Draxl_Andreas
Maybe install MeshToolkit and do some research on

1 Like

@Marcel_Rijsmus ,

i try :wink:

Hello colleagues, good morning.
I want to thank you for all the answers and options you have given me, but I want to tell you a little bit about what I really want to find out:
I made an export from civil3d to revit of some elements, and what I need is to convert them into solid, since these at the time of exporting them arrive as a surface, and in its lower part there is a gap, which would not calculate me a volume, for this reason I want to try to join the floor surface with the other surfaces and find its volume for each element, I will leave the rvt in case anyone has the time to review and perhaps give me a recommendation, I thank you very much for the time you have provided to read all the questions and always give an answer.

Ejemplo Tombolo.rvt (3.5 MB)

Amigo @jaiden.rincon, buenas I opened your file and what you have are Topographys, I leave you an example of how you can analyze the elements that compose it and play with them, if what you intend is to make analysis volumetric and other topographic topics I suggest you stay in C3D, the package: Camber has very interesting tools to work and analyze elements of C3D also you save you export time, if you feel more comfortable using dynamo revit or anyway you have to migrate elements to revit, the package Civil connection works in revit but allows you to connect with C3D files and work with file information, I hope this works for you.

Translated with DeepL:

Hello partner good day.
Thanks for your answer, it is true that for volume issues is better C3D, the problem is that they are requiring me all the information in revit, and according to my bosses must match the C3D and what I develop in revit, that is why I insist on developing it as rvt file, I have already looked at several ways to generate this solid but I only have approximations, and what is causing me problems is to close at the bottom these exported topographies, it is in order to find a volume, thank you for the time you took to evaluate my file and my questions.

Your Welcome broo, its allways pleasant help the community and see how we grow together, here is also a way to create mass in Revit from solids in dynamo in case you are interested, the node is part of the package: Springs

Hello, my colleague.
I tried to pass it as a mass and it does not generate it, I can not find more methods to generate these topographic surfaces to be able to transform them into solids.

Hello comrade, good morning.
I wanted to ask you something that happened to me, I finally managed to pass a part element as a mass, but I over scaled it, I do not understand why this could happen, I appreciate if perhaps you know the reasons.

Check for unit conversion.
Feet to Meters, or Meters to Feet

Everything is in meters.

Good fellows, me again hahahah.
I had to change the dynamics of my exercise, now what I did was to remove the polygonal base of each element and then join them with a surface and create the solid, I hope this can work for me, but now I have a problem and does not let me generate a polycurve, because it says it can be branched, I would like to know how I can purge or remove repeated lines from a list, I would be very grateful if you can support me with such information, thank you.

Compadre @jaiden.rincon,

• Try prune duplicates or unique items to remove items from the list, make double check to your units, distance are in cm.
  • If everything is ok whit the units you will have to sincronize the origin of your objects, check the nodes transfrom and translate from Coordinate System section.
    Dynamo Dictionary
  • I think you managed to import the contour lines from autocad right? if so, maybe you can use SolidByLoft?
    Dynamo Dictionary
    Amigo @Draxl_Andreas, You were right working with Meshes is really difficult, I can’t find Mesh Tool Kit @Marcel_Rijsmus do you know if it is still available or if it is compatible with version 2023?