Place Views On Excisting Sheets - unexpected result

I have some Section Views. These Sections are grouped by ‘Blok’. In this case B1 to B8.
Each group got a different amount of Sections.
I made a Sheet for each ‘Group’. Again B1 to B8.
I want to place the Sections on the corresponding Sheets, but i get unexpected results.
What am i missing?

PlaceViewOnExcistingSheet.dyn (50.8 KB)

Revit 2022 | Dynamo 2.12.1.8246 | SteamNodes 1.2.4

Hi @bvs1982 ,

What happens when you change the “Sheet” input to @L1?

@Daan

Then nothing happens.

In these cases it’s always best to make your input structure match 1-to-1. Try duplicating your sheet list so that you have a sheet for each view and therefore don’t need list levels at all.

@Nick_Boyts

I do (and don’t) understand understand what you mean.
Any chance you can visualize what you mean?

Same way you duplicated the placement point for each view, you need to duplicate each sheet (just in a list) for each view as well. That way your inputs are (1) Sheet per (1) View per (1) Point and there’s no lacing or list levels needed to determine the input mapping. Right now you have 25 Views, 25 Points, and 8 Sheets. Try with 25 of everything.

1 Like

@Nick_Boyts

That did the trick! I really didn’t think of that.
I guess i shouldn’t throw .dyns together at the end of the day :face_with_spiral_eyes:

NB
For people ending up in this topic, note the lacing.

PS
I don’t see the preview of my message at the moment in Chrome. :thinking:

This happens sometimes as Chrome is used everywhere (ie: at one point the Dynamo Library was Chrome based), it utilizes a TON of memory, and eventually it says “hey stop using all these resources”. It will eventually go away, but usually restarting your CPU will do the trick right away.

1 Like

Ah, didn’t know that as it never happened before. Thanks for clearing that up. :+1:

1 Like