Create sheets and place multiple views

Hi All

I hope you are well.
Thanks to Module 2 by @Jeremy_Graham, I have devised a script that gets room internal elevations and places them on as many sheets required to place all the elevations. However, I have one issue. When all the views can fit on one sheet the Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockViewsAndLocations node fails to work. It works fine when there is more than one sheet to be created. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I have struggled the whole day trying to figure it out. Your help would be much appreciated.
Please see the .dyn file attached and an image showing the error.

Thank you.

Bayo.

Create Wall Internal Elevation Views and Place on Sheets_Using Module 2.dyn (264.9 KB)

Hey Bayo, Maybe this could help you?

Thank you for this. However my graph is pretty much complete and working the way I would like apart from the fact that it won’t place multiple viewports on one sheet.

@jacob.small thanks for all your help. Do you know what the problem could be here?
I have done everything by the book I think. The location and view lists/sub lists are always the same length.

Can you show the data preview for all inputs into the node in a working condition, and then again in a failing one? Without that I would have to guess at a condition which would make the error, and one which wouldn’t, and hope that things fail the same way.

My guess is you have a lacing issue with auto lacing being used and with no specifically stated list structures (via list at level) causing the sheet name to be reused against a list of views instead of a list of lists of views.

Hi, @jacob.small thank you for the prompt response; I will have another go. Please see the images below. First is the list structure that works, and the second is the structure that fails.
Appreciate the help.

Hi @jacob.small
Thanks!
I figured it out. If you look at the sorted views in the second image, you will notice that the conditional statement in Dynamo returns the same view. I have seen that the conditional statements do not work as intended when the lists being dealt with are somewhat long. So I have dealt with it in Python, and it works just fine now.
Thank you.

1 Like

Great find and fix. Glad you’re up and running. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. :grin:

1 Like