Place all family types

Hi there,

I am trying to place all family types and all their sizes in to the model to create a content library.

Below is the dynamo code I’ve wrote. The problem is that it works on the first time for a selected beam family for example.

But when I run it on the second time It removes the previous elements that its placed and puts new ones instead.

I wonder why this is happening? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance…

Hi, this post could help you:

Ok I got the point there, but now all elements are placed on top of each other. I would like to be able to place them with 16m distant to each other. How can I feed “curve” in the StructuralFraming.BeamByCurve so that it places all elements in a row.

I have tried the following code but I am confused how to connect them.

StructuralFraming.BeamByCurve does not seem to be what is needed. You will find how to use FamilyInstance.ByPoint instead here:

Yes thanks FamilyInstance.ByPoint seems to be the the one I need. However It seems to me that I have to feed it with a loop in a code block to feed it with one element and one specific point in each loop.

So I have two lists. First, the points list and second the familytype list. But the FamilyInstance.ByPoint takes one element and one point and it places all families on the same location.

Sorry I am new in dynamo… how can I achieve this?

You will probably need to set lacing to longest like so:

Some more explanation can be found here:
http://dynamoprimer.com/en/03_Anatomy-of-a-Dynamo-Definition/3-1_dynamo_nodes.html

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Generic annotation or where they are being placed?