Place, adapt and deform a model in Dynamo through a spline made in revit

Hi everyone!

I was looking information about the possibility to create a system in dynamo able to deform a generic model made ad a family in Revit (like a bookcase) and using a spline made also in revit, like the modifier “path deform” of 3ds Max. So I mean a path able to deform a generic model imported from Revit in Dynamo.
Right now i’ve create a couple of spline in revit as an adaptive model, in order to create it through some points, and then with dynamo i’ll create other points.
When i’m going to put the model of the family in the input node “Adaptive.ComponentByPoint”, dynamo says that the arguments got issues, so it doesn’t work.
Right now I don’t know if is it possible in other ways. I’ve tried to put an object on a topology in order to deform it on this, but nothing.
Look forward for your reply, kind regards.
Giacomo

Would help to know what the issues are
Some screenshots and/or files would help in getting others to understand your problem better.

I’m trying to put a library generated from a generic model ceiling based. The issues are in the picture.

I think that what I’m doing is quite wrong, like I can’t adapt the model in the way I was thinking of. Because what I really need is that my library could tranlsate along one of those two paths, and having deformation when there’s a curve.
Thank you so much for the reply!

Those pictures are the system to generate the point on the curve and then on the last nodes there’s placed the adaptive node in wich i’m trying to put the family, but it won’t work. As already said, I’m not sure if this is the right way to create what I was thinking for.
Vikram I’ll appreciate your help if you know a possible way to solve this problem.
Thanks a lot again!

Your adaptive component has 2 points?
If it has two points, then all you probably need to do is change the lacing to Longest on AdaptiveComponent.ByPoints

Hi @yogibbe,

I noticed you’re trying to use the “AdaptiveFamily.ByFacetedGeometry” node from spring nodes. That node won’t be able to place adaptive components for you. Instead, its goal is to automatically create adaptive component types from static geometry generated through Dynamo. For example, here’s how to make some cookie and totally impractical shelves:

If you’re trying to place standard adaptive components (AC), you’ll have to use the default Dynamo AC placement nodes. As Vikram explained above, you’ll first need to structure the lists of points according to the amount and order of points inside your AC family.

Thank you so much Vikram and Dimitar! But anyway, as you said Vikram, I’ve changed the lacing To Longest on AdaptiveComponent.ByPoints and it doesn’t work. So I’ve create another library as an adaptive component, I’ve draw another time the curve, but this time from Dynamo, and again trying to adapt on this one the library, but still is saying that the argumets got issues, so the library can’t even follow the curve.
Below i’ll post the examples of what I’m trying to do.
Thanks again!

the last node is an Adaptive.ComponentByParametersOnCurvereference as a try, because even with the other one (ByPoints) it doesn’t work

This one is instead with “Adaptive.ComponentByPoints”.
But again there’s no way to adapt the library on the curve.

This should help guide you…
Shelves.rvt (1.6 MB)

Shelves.dyn (65.6 KB)

Thank you so much Vykram! Can I ask you one more question please? In wich way do you made these shelfs? Did you start modeling them from an generic adaptive family? or from a generic model and then you’ve put the adaptive points?
Thank you so much again!

It’s created using the Generic Model Adaptive Family template.
Study the shelf family in the Revit file I’ve provided above (by selecting one of them and clicking on Edit Family)

Thank you Vikram again! Really kind, you’ve helped me a lot!

Hi Vikram,

Quick question… What would you have to do different in your adaptive family here to have the vertical elements oriented so that they are perpendicular to the curve at the point they are placed, instead of always aligning north/south?