Pipes from Lines

So now my graph runs with whatever selection I choose, but as soon as I click ‘Change’ on “Select Model Elements” and pick different model lines, the Pipes that had appeared in Revit from the first selection disappear. Is there any way to ‘reset’ the graph after it shows the pipes in Revit thereby allowing me to just keep selecting new model lines and hitting Run, then repeating?

Element binding I think is the issue. Try running the script in Dynamo player. But also run it in blank file before that to wipe out its current memory cache.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with creating pipes by lines

Hi everyone,
I have same problem getting null for output.
Can anybody help about my problem?
I have attached the workflow

try setting the lines input to use levels L1

Hello, so i managed to make this work, but now im looking deepet into it.

Is there any way to tweak the node so that instead of using levels as the input for location on the file to be a topography, or mesh, or polysurface.

I have tried getting here

And then editing the python script, for of course it doesnt work,

Hi, I am having an issue and keep getting null values and I read all of this chain, and still unsure why I am getting null values.

Hi there – I’ve been able to get the lines to convert to pipes; however, where there were moments of the line turning 90 degrees, the pipes do not automatically add the fitting to connect them. Is there a way to add this function to the script? Or is it a manual process? Thank you!

1 Like

use this script to make elbow.
MEPFitting.ByMEPCurves lacing option have to be shortest.

Hello fellow Cad users,

I’ve been reading this threat and I’m very impressed by what you have achieved.
I was wondering, have any of been able to only create fittings between intersecting lines?
With the current script above all of my lines get connected in some way, I would prefer to only create fittings between lines that are connected. I would love to hear in any of you have found a way to achieve this.

Best regards,

Jelle

Hi Jelle,

Could you elaborate a bit on what you want to achieve? It’s best to start a new forum post for this or send me a DM (we could continue in dutch if you’d like :))

Thank you for your reply,

I’m looking to create a 3d visualization of my revision from civil3d. I would love to include pipe fittings in that model.
This means I have multiple 3d polyline elements from civil3d which I want to apply Revit pipe to without having to apply it seperately for each line. That’s how I ended up in here.
So with the way fittings are created with the script above, it tries to connect each line with a consecutive number whereas I only need to creating fittings between lines that actually touch.

I would love to continue in Dutch yet I can’t seem to send you a private message as the icon doesn’t seem to be available to me. (Perhaps since my account is new)

Regards

Hi,
I don’t know if this forum is already closed. But I’m working with Revit 2022, downloaded the MEPover package to give it a try, but I’m having the same problem… Null value with Pipe.ByLines.

Hi T_Pover,
I have encountered a problem.
In tunnel engineering, the pipeline trend may be a three-dimensional curve. I break the curve equidistantly to generate a straight line, and use the mepover node package Pipe.Byline generates a pipe fitting 3D curve. Then the mepfitting node is used to generate the connectors of adjacent straight segments, but it does not work. I think the angle of adjacent straight line segments is too small to generate connectors.
Do you have any way to connect adjacent pipelines?
I look forward to your reply.
Thank you very much

Hi Niky,

The fact that you cannot connect pipes with an elbow at such a small angle is actually just default Revit behaviour, so there is no way solve this with Dynamo either. One solution that I can think of is that you just connect the pipes without a fitting (assuming that what’s being built is actually just a bent pipe with a huge radius?).
Here’s a post with some code that might help: Invalid Duct/Pipe Connections - #10 by T_Pover

2 Likes

HI T_Pover
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have carefully read the post you gave me.
It says that after the pipes and fittings are disconnected, the automatic connection can be realized by code. But this is different from my situation. My adjacent pipe sections cannot be connected in Revit, but I can connect the pipe sections in one way.
Manually place a connector at the end of the previous pipe segment in Revit, then select the connector and select the next pipe segment with the connect to command.
Repeat the operation to achieve curve fitting Since I can’t write code, I can’t implement this operation.
I wonder if you have any opinions on this operation code.

You can see that the turning radius of the pipeline is large and the rotation angle of the adjacent pipe sections is smal

1 Like

Hi did you found a solution? I have the same problem as you.

It is easy to do this now , use OpenMEP package

Pipe.CreateByLine.dyn (19.6 KB)

3 Likes

When I open the script it gives me an error saying the OpenMEP package is unresolved. Can someone either create custom nodes or assist with where the update for this custom package is?

Hi @ADRev-1 , you need download and install package first : Release 1.0.23.601248 · chuongmep/OpenMEP · GitHub