Issue with creating pipes by lines

Hello World, Ive been attempting this same node and i still get the Null Message

First attempt

Second attempt

In both cases i am having a Null result >.<

HELP

Also, i am using Revit 2019 and Dynamo 1.3

Try upgrading to Dynamo 2.0.3. 1.3 may not be supported by your particular version of MEPover.

Still having a null result!

This should be very simple! arght

Group and label your nodes so we can understand why you’re doing what you’re doing. The logic is clearly broken at the Element.GetParameterValueByName node but I’m not sure what you’re after. Also, I have split this into a new topic as you’re pretty far off and this one already has a solution.

I am calling from an AutoCad file a layer to create pipes in Revit with a specific pipe type and system type

to start off im calling the CAD lines with Bimorph nodes

Secondly im calling the pipe type, i want to obtain the existing Sanitary in this scenario

Third im doing the same with the system type

And lastly i am using the node to create the lines to pipes but it gives me a null resutl

Hope this is clearer for the understanding of everybody
Thank you

The name of the systems (circled in Red) are not parameter names:

As such you’re just returning empty strings in the Element.GetParameterValueByName node. Try wiring the b[13] code block directly into the PipeType input of the Pipe.ByLines node.

Similar can be done with the system type block.

Ive simplified the node as you suggested and i am still having a null results in the Pipe.ByLines node

Check your input type for the lines. Looks like you’re feeding a point instead of a line.

2 Likes

Awesome! thank you so much! yes i was using the Node Curve.StarPoint.

I also had to to enable the use Levels L1

and that resolved the script

thank you very much!

Glad it helped. Please mark a solution so others can learn by reading. :slight_smile:

hello i’m sorry to reply here but i have the same problem… My pipe by lines CRASHES everytime i try to create a pipe from a line ??? I dont understand…