Pipe Placing

Hi. I’m trying to automatize the pipe placing in a pipe network.
I was able to import from an excel coordinates and make lines.
I tried with only one line using the node pipe.bylines and the pipe was inserted, but when i use a list of lines as input, the output is null.
i will attach the .dyn
does anyone can help me.

try MEPover package, it has everything you need.

1 Like

i’m using MEPover.
i can place one pipe, but not a list of pipes

use list.map

you know you can just use one excel.read to minimize all these duplication right? maybe you can show me your inputs? the image you showed is not run right? try running it and show me the outputs and inputs then take a screenshot

i knew, but as i am just starting using dynamo i want to control every step, so i preffer this way. i’ll attach the dym and the excel so you can chck, i’ve got no more ideas.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYpIKYxZPq1ggNutmPL48tMC-y_?e=kDWPom

without changing your coordinates. this are the graphs and outcome from it.
PipeFromExcel.xlsx (18.3 KB) PipeFromExcel.dyn (65.6 KB)

Hi, first of all thanks, you have done what i was trying to.
But i have a few problems: when i run your rutine all the pipes appear as null, i don’t know what is happening, maybe i must load something

I also need the pipes to have a slope, so in think that in the first codeblock i should add another x and link it to the second point by coordinate, is that right?

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I finally managed to solve the problem using your code.

if you need a slope, just add additional column to the excel and play around with the code block, similar to your x and y startpoint and endpoint concept.

and you are getting null is because you do not have the pipe type and pipe system naming convention i typed in excel. play around with the excel.

1 Like

Hi, I was able to run the pipe by coordinates. What will be your purpose on this one?