Picking different sheets from the same excel file

Hello,
I want to extract some data from my excel file for the purpose of block/text creation. i have numerous sheets in the excel file. How can i pick a specific sheet from the file for a specific purpose?
Regards,
Ritesh

Reminder @ritesh.trivedi885J6
operation Search

3 Likes

Hi,is there any node if you don’t know sheet names?I can manage this only using Python.

Hi @hosneyalaa …I have tried it…but its throwing some sort of error. Can you pls help me with it?

Hi you will need file.from.path node, between file.path and data.import.excel

Got it…thank you @sovitek. I do have one more query in this. In the attached screenshot how can i get 2 separate lists for my 3 columns of excel. now its creating row wise lists…i need them as per column wise? Can you help with this?

try with list.transpose

I works…thank you. One more doubt…why is it that although i have different kind of block names specified in my excel…it only places one particular kind of block (the one which is in first row of excel) on all the station values.
In the attached images you can see that its reading both block names (Circle and Slab)…it only places Circle in my model (since Circle is in first row of excel). I i’ll keep Slab in first row of excel…it will place only slab at all the locations.

see it only places one kind of block.

Not sure i am not a C3D/Acad user, guess the C3D sharks in here can help you with that :wink: good luck

ok…thank you for all the help.

1 Like

Hi @sovitek …is it possible to define data range ( like A2:C50…something like that) for my sheets?

you could try with get at index or use open xml import think that node have range or bumblebee or other custom nodes, but probably not will work in c3d…here with get at index

and if it is only the headline you will move the try something here

I have tried all the solutions. It works using Data.openXMLImportExcel. Thanks for the help.

This gets the block. To help with the placement issue we would need to see the node which creates the block reference and the data leading into each input. :slight_smile:

Best to keep that separite question in another thread though. Looks like you have one started already. :slight_smile: