Sheet custom value from Excel - Civil 3D

Hi All,
I need help connecting the custom sheet value from excel. I was able to add the sheet set index number and title with the provided nodes, but I don’t see how to add a custom values to the fields. Not sure If I did
any of this the right was, but I was able to add title and index number.
I GUESS YOU CAN’T ADD DWT OR DST

PROJECT-SHEET-LIST-CREATE-TEST.xlsx|attachment](upload://u6LzSae6BV0G96MjXRCIOZUHwzJ.xlsx) (11.2 KB)
Create_Sheets-JLC-add custom sheet values.dyn (83.6 KB)

Hi
Post event
Share an example drawing in an excel file

still working thru nodes. I emailed Adam and he informed me that under your user credentials the package saves samples that include the custom node create and edit I believe.
BORDER SHEETS.dwg (509.0 KB)
PROJECT-SHEET-LIST-CREATE-TEST.xlsx (11.2 KB)

Having trouble filtering out null values from excel. no matter what I do I seem to get a list of 60 items when reading from excel, when the excel file only has 10 items in it. I tried the same with CSV, and I get the correct list without the null values. has anyone else seen this? I have not had this issue with excel before. I thought I had the create sheet from excel working, then I started getting the nulls which threw an error creating the sheet list. I’d like to stay with excel if possible.
read data from cvs and excel-1.dyn (19.8 KB)
PROJECT-SHEET-LIST-CREATE-TEST-csv.txt (1.2 KB)
PROJECT-SHEET-LIST-CREATE-TEST.xlsx (11.2 KB)

Hi
Have you tried to change the excel file?
Or you can make a filter for cells that are empty

hi
try

Asys name.xlsx (10.2 KB)

Thanks Hosneyalaa,

Not sure why this works but it does. again thank you for looking at this.
No I can try to finish the sheet set custom.

John

if anyone is interested, here is a custom value added to sheet.
Create_Sheets-JLC-add custom-VALUE.dyn (80.7 KB)

Hi @jcoon
Can you share the rest of the file as an example?
for your file to work
With me
I’ve never tried this before, thanks

I think they are attached above. the border sheet, just save as sheets.dwt. the dst which I don’t think you can upload here is a blank dst. create new dst and give it that name.

1 Like

I had some pesky nulls from excel and I found they tend to be empty cells that you have touched or deleted previous data so I then selected and deleted the entire empty rows and columns bordering the data and that helped clear that up.

Thanks Kirk,

Yes that sounds right. I went back to the original file and it did have 60 items.

The only part not working is the custom sheet properties, they show correctly in the list but they are not updating the sheet custom field in the new dwg. it appears like it’s only adding those properties from the first item rows. Did you encounter that as well?
John