Specific Block Placement using excel file

Hi,
I want to place specific blocks at specific stations in my alignment. I am using excel file for this purpose where i have my station values in one column, offset values in 2nd column and 3rd column has block names as text according to which the specific blocks will get placed at the specific stations.
why is it that although i have different kind of block names specified in my excel…it only places one particular kind of block (the one which is in first row of excel) on all the station values.
In the attached images you can see that its reading both block names (Circle and Slab)…it only places Circle in my model (since Circle is in first row of excel). I i’ll keep Slab in first row of excel…it will place only slab at all the locations.

1 Like

see it places only one kind of block at all locations

Check the levels. Might also help if you transpose the output with block names.

@patrick.ericson can you please elaborate it a bit for my better understanding

Can you share a screenshot of your script?

Thank you for the help @patrick.ericson . I have tried running my script again by applying some corrections to Lacing of Values. The lacing was not set to cross product because of which the issue was there. Now its solved. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Amigo @ritesh.trivedi885J6 I agree with patrick you must make attention to the levels, to give to you and users that will came on the future more back ground about the topic, what does control of the instances is the insertion point, so you have to create 1 point for each block reference instance i let you an example!!

see also :

1 Like