Override Element Graphics in Multiple Views

I have designed a script that will automatically halftone/dash-line pipes and pipe fittings/accessories with values for “Middle Elevation” and “Elevation from Level” below -3 feet.

You may ask “Why not make a view filter?” and this is because I would have to make separate filters for pipes and pipe fittings + accessories (they don’t have the same elevation parameters… why??), and then apply that to multiple view templates. So in the end, running a script that could apply this to multiple views seems faster.

However, this only works in the active view. Is there a node that can take a list of views as an input and apply the element overrides in those views?

Why not make a view filter with the help of Dynamo?

Making 3 filters is practically the same effort as making 1 and applying those filters to all views is practically the same effort as applying to 1 when you’re leveraging Dynamo.

Most nodes that I’ve seen dealing with view overrides just use the active view, but the API is for a given view. So with a little python you could set this up for any list of specified views.

3 Likes

That could be another solution… I’ll see what I can come up with. Thanks!