Automatically Make Elements Below Specified Elevation Halftone + Dashed Line

I’m trying to design a script that will set all elements (preferably only pipes + pipe fittings) to be halftone and dashed projection lines if below a certain elevation. Ex: all pipes and fittings below -2’ will show up as halftone, dashed line.

I currently have to set up view filters to do this for both element types, as they do not both contain the same parameters for elevations in the allowed rules.

I’ve been messing around with applying view filters in dynamo with no success, but is there another way (maybe with some other packages)?

Are you saying that your filters work and you just want to use Dynamo to automate their creation or setup in views now? What have you tried so far? You need to show us what you’ve done and what hasn’t been working in order for us to tell you what your next steps should be.

1 Like

This is what I’ve got basing it off of other things I’ve found on the forum… I feel like I’m somewhat close but not quite there. I had Pipes and Pipe Fittings feeding into categories as well, was just testing one here to see if it affects anything.

I can successfully find elements in the workset with Middle Elevations, but nothing else really happens after.

The filters I currently have work, but I still have to create them/transfer them in each new project and it would be quicker to have a script on hand to apply it to the active view.