Override color multi-category tags on all views based on host element parameter value

Hello all,

Apoligies for not posting a graph, but i just dont know where to start.

I feel like it would be relatively simple to get my desired result but i cant find that much info about it.

I need to give certain multi category tags a color override based on a parameter value of their host.
The last part i can manage, but i dont know how to select all multi category tags of a certain family, and then select their host.

Can anyone start me up here?

In short:

How do i select a multi category tag and then find out what the element is that its tagging?

Also: If i want to override color by element, how would you do this in Dynamo? I know the node overide graphics node exists but there isnt an option for color in the create override node.

@MVE1112 See if this gets you started:

1 Like

I seem to be getting an error message when trying to use multi-Category tags as category

@MVE1112 Are the tags associated with elements from a linked model?

They are tagging a generic model, which contains an imported DWG file

This should help you out:

Thanks a lot!

I almost got it to work now…

I seem to be only able to get tagged element if it’s a generic model:

Some tags are tagging structural framing and those arent showing up in the list above.
I find it odd that i get an empty list for a tag, since you cant place a tag without a host…

All elements in the upper watch node are generic models or speciality equipment.
I am missing the elements that are structural framing

Ah, the steel is in a linked model.

1 Like

Use the SelectByCategory in Document node of Genius Loci package to retrieve this linked tags.

Thank you for your reply Alban,

The problem im seeing now is that i cant use these lists to filter with.
I need the list of host elements to contain as many items as the tag list, so i can filter the tag list by boolmask based on type parameter filter of the second list.

For example what i would like to see here:
If it cant select an element because it is in a linked model, i want to see an empty spot in my list like so:
I need to keep number of elements in the list the same as the number of tags

Hi AmolShah,

I am almost done but i am wonderning, is there a node that allows me to input a list of views?
Since the override color in view node works only in the active view i need to run this script on every view where the tag is visible.

I would like to enter a list of tags, and a list of all views.

I know about the override graphics in view node, but i am not sure what override graphics i need to create for it to work…

My best guess would be i only need to override the projection line color of the tag in view to get the desired result but this doesnt work.

You can select multiple views like this

1 Like

Hi,

It should work :

It seems that you don’t have the latest version of the Genius Loci package.

Tags are view-specific so you can’t tag the same tag in multiple views because that tag exists in a single view.

I can’t believe I didn’t realize this, yikes.
I am going to update the package and try your example, does this need a view input or not since this is a view specific element?

There is an input by default : the active view.
So it’s up to you to choose.

2 Likes

Thank you, this works!
I updated the package.

I will report back once i get everything working.