All elements of category from list of view to multiple views

I currently have a script that will override the color of all tags in my current view and that currently works. I then tried to apply that to multiple views and am getting an error. I am thinking it has to do something with connecting the view list out formatting. Has anyone come across this before or could think of a solution?

What does the error say?

It says "Warning: ElementQueries.OfCategory expects argument type(s) (Revit.Elements.Category, Revit.Elements.Views.View), but was called with (Revit.Elements.Category, Revit.Elements.Element). "

What version of Revit/Dynamo are you using? I’m having no problems in 2023 with the same node and multiple views.

I restarted Revit 2021 and am using Dynamo Core 2.6.2.15705 and Dynamo Revit 2.6.2.15772.

After my restart, it will only apply the color overrides to the current view, not the entire list of views

Can you share a screenshot of the updated graph and any errors that you’re getting now?

Have you tried changing lacing options just incase

I am not getting any errors anymore, I am only applying the color overrides to my current view that falls within the list

Where would I find information on changing the lacing?

It’s much easier if we can actually see what your graph is doing instead of guessing. Lacing or List Levels is a good start but I’m guessing the node you’re using to apply overrides is for the active view only.

That can be helpful in certain situations but would require a test file as well as you may have something in your files that’s causing problems that others may not be able to replicate. In this case it would be much easier if you just showed us what was happening instead of having us recreate the exact scenario only to comment on something that may have been obvious from an image.

Can you at least confirm what the node says it does? If the node doesn’t have an input for View then it’s only going to apply to the active view. This is how the OOTB node works.

So here is what is happening:
the graph is intended to override the color of the tags based on the ending number that is assigned to the tag.

Here is the desired outcome:
Instead of changing the tag colors in the current view, I would like it to apply the overrides in the list of views that I have called out.

I think I am stuck on having the graph run through all the views I have called out but I believe it is running on my current view if it falls within my filter view criteria. I am not sure how to run the graph so it is applied to all the views from the criteria I

have specified.

It looks like it’s exactly what I suspected. The node you’re using to override the tags is for the active view only. This is how most of the custom nodes I’ve seen work. If you can’t find one that accepts a specified view you would have to do this portion in Python via the API.

While applying for multiple views, in “all elements of category in view” right click choose lacing options to longest