Overlapping nodes

Why i get overlapping nodes. my whole program is lost.

how to recover (given pic) into tabular form again

Generative is not getting uninstalled.

Did you try to simply close and reopen your definition?
If not try CTRL + L

i saved it and then closed. i created groups in it too. but everything lost now.
Ctrl + L worked.
Is there any permanent solution to this.

It shouldn’t be a permanent problem :slight_smile:

My code block coding for a list is also lost.

my program is also not running. it says running completed but nothing is happing. i created a dynamo script to set values of mark parameters for beam. Now nothing is happening.

why i cannot write anything on code block after pressing Ctrl + L

May be a conflicting Revit add-in.

Do you have a bunch of notifications (green ! on the top menu)? If so these could provide some indication of what the issue is.

what are these notifications about and how to fix them.

how to figure out which package is creating problem so that i can uninstall them.

Can you do the following?

1. Close everything.
  2. Launch Revit.
  3. Start a new project.
  4. Launch Dynamo.
  5. Open the collapsing nodes graph.
  6. Close Dynamo.
  7. Close Revit.
  8. Post your Dynamo log. Info on how to locate them can be found here: Locating the log file - #2 by Alban_de_Chasteigner
  9. Post your Revit journal. Info on how to locate journals can be found here: About Journal Files. Note that you may need to adjust the path based on your Revit version.

Hello,
I also got this problem “Dynamo Node Overlapping”. These steps mentioned by @jacob.small could solve my overlapping problem. Thank you.

1 Like

I had the same issue and I think I know what my issue was, so I wanted to share my solution in case it helps anyone else.

My issue seemed to be that generative design packages were installed (they were marked for uninstallation, but never seemed to uninstall on their own) so I deleted them manually. Once I closed Revit, deleted the packages, and reopened Revit and Dynamo, my graph was back to normal.

Some info in case it matters:

Revit: 2022.1
Packages installed:

• archi-lab.net 2022.212.2922
  • BumbleBee 2021.25.3
  • BIM4Struc.Productivity 2.2.2
  • bimorphNodes 4.1.1
  • Clockwork for Dynamo 2.x 2.4.0
  • Data-Shapes 2022.2.100
  • DynaMonito 2.1.1
  • Monocle 2022.2.1
  • Orchid 212.1.0.8047
  • Quasar 2.1.3
  • QuasarII 2021.25.101
  • Rhythm 2022.1.1
  • Slingshot! for Dynamo 2014.11.30
  • spring nodes 204.1.0

I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶l̶i̶c̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶o̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶G̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶o̶c̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶G̶i̶t̶H̶u̶b̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶.̶

1 Like

The latest version(s) of Monocle uses no additional DLLs anymore that would conflict. It only references the built-in Dynamo ones.

2 Likes

Is there any chance you could walk through how to uninstall these packages manually? I recognize that my problem is exactly what you’re explaining but I’ve never deleted a package manually before

@mkneadler This is where the Packages live, if they are not mapped to a network location.
It’s a hidden folder by Default.
In the Address bar type %Appdata% and press Enter.
Then browse to the Dynamo folder, then the Revit folder.
Go the the version number of your Dynamo and delete the folder with the name of the Package you want to get rid off.

@mkneadler in addition; another path is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2022\Dynamo\2.12\packages. Replace “RVT 2022” with your Revit year, and “2.12” with your dynamo version.

@Marcel_Rijsmus
@LCarrozza4MGVV
Thanks to you both! I couldn’t find it initially but now I’ve got it fixed

2 Likes