Was there a solution found to this issue? I’m having the exact same problem with my nodes collapsing on top of each other and then running null even if I do un-jumble them. My coworker’s computer opened the same script I was using without issue (he does not have the same packages I have).
I uninstalled all packages for Dynamo, and sure enough, Generative Design did not uninstall, no matter now many restarts I did. I uninstalled the package through the control panel, and now Dynamo works again.
If there is a solution found to this, please let me know. For now I will use Dynamo without GD.
Combination of add-ins and packages can do it. Also your Dynamo version might be different than your coworkers. Make sure everyone has all Revit/Dynamo updates installed, then check the items in your Dynamo’s notifications window (the green ! icon in your menu bar) and/or in your Dynamo log file.
Thanks @Michael_Kirschner2, I’m trying to recreate the problem but having poor luck. I reinstalled GD and didn’t have any issues with it. If I run into the issue again I’ll post the listDLL.
As @RubenVivancos pointed out, I noticed a version of Dynamo 0.9 was still installed on my computer, so I uninstalled that (however, this was still installed at the point of time I had resolved the node-stacking issue).
@Michael_Kirschner2 I tried to figure out the DLL software, but I know little about computer programming and I’m not entirely sure how to use the ListDLLs utility. When I open the downloaded application, a window opens with a list of all DLLs and auto-scrolls to the bottom, and then exits out without prompt.
I deleted Generative Design (once again) that I had previous reinstalled (which was working - please see my last post), and the nodes are now fixed in my Dynamo. Hope this update helps figure out the root of the issue.
Hi @ariderAEE99 - to use listdlls run it from a command prompt window
you’d run something like path\to\listdlls.exe -v Revit > path\to\someoutput\textfile.text
this will run listdlls on Revit (it needs to be running with Dynamo open and the problem reproducing) and then save the output to a text file (you could also copy paste it here) - then upload the text file here for us to see or DM it to me or Jacob.
Hello, I was working inside of Dynamo one night and this problem plagued me as well. Everything was in an orderly fashion and then I came back to open up a file with stacked nodes. I was wondering if anyone has come to the root of the problem and identified how it can be fixed. Thank you for your time!
To date, every time it has come up it has been due to a conflicting add-in or lack up update.
Update Revit to the latest version that you are using.
Launch Revit, open a model, launch Dynamo, open a graph, and see if the issue persists. If so, proceed to step 3. If not you’re good to go, but try to keep updates installed going forward.
Close Revit, and then disable all Revit add-ins.
Launch Revit, open or start a model, launch Dynamo, open a graph, see if the issue persists. If so close Revit, and provide your Revit Journal and Dynamo log in this thread. If not, proceed to step 5.
Close Revit and re-initiate your Autodesk provided add-ins. Repeat step 4 and confirm the issue doesn’t persist. If the issue pops up, be sure to update the add-in. If the issue doesn’t pop up, proceed to step 6.
Close Revit and re-initiate a few add-ins and re-test. Do maybe 3 or 4 at a time until the issue reproduces, keeping any offending add-in out until you have tested all passing add-ins.
Update the offending add-in, or keep it off the system until a version is issued which resolved the problem.
Hi, just had the same issue. I had Genius Loci package pending for uninstall, cause I wanted to get a newer version of it. For some reason I already had the new version, but it was still marked as pending. So I manually erased it from the local folder and installed it again and it’s now OK. Just though it might help someone
It was the conflict between Clockwork 2x(2.4.0) and Bakery(2019.5.8). I found the issue from logs first and then in the notifications.
First I removed the GD folders to my desktop from AppData and ProgramData but I did not remove the packages to figure out if there is any problem with GD. Then I ran Dynamo and still, my nodes were overlapping.
For the 2nd step, I removed Bakery(2019.5.8) from the packages and opened the graph, everything was okay without overlapping.
Then I started to reload GD files to AppData and ProgramData, then opened DYN again and my nodes still looked okay.
For the final stage, I really wanted to use Bakery so badly and I re-install another version of it to see if the last version had issues, then I downloaded Bakery version 2018.4.301.
And it worked with Clockwork and GD all together without overlapping the nodes.
I don’t really understand the problem behind this with the specific version of Bakery but it seems that different packages cause the same issue as well.