Optimization of truss using Autodesk refinery

Hello everybody,

I am currently working on the optimization (weight) of a single truss using the interoperability between Dynamo and Robot and a Generative design in order to find the optimal solution.
However, the weight keeps constant during the process and I can’t find the mistake since the dynamo script runs perfectly for a single option.

@j.gutierrez.torres Refinery initiates concurrent instances of the graph to reduce calculation time. However Robot does not permit concurrent instances due to licensing restrictions. We have seen a few instances of this causing graphs to fail, but there are many potential ways for this to be triggered. Can you try running the graph in Dynamo Sandbox to rule those out?

FYI @Lilli_Smith

1 Like

Hi,

I am getting the same problem, with outputs of zero in refinery. I tried running the graph in sandbox and it runs perfectly well. Is there any way to disable concurrency in refinery to get around the licensing issue?

Yes - please post to the Refinery beta site’s feedback section to get development aide with that effort.

FYI @Lilli_Smith

Thanks Jacob, I have not received a response to this problem after positing a query in the feedback section. Is there anyone we can contact directly for support?

Send me a link via DM and I’ll shake some trees for you.