Dynashape and Project refinery

I tried to optimize a Dynamo file containing a Dynashape using refinery, but refinery seems to ignore the outputs of Dynashape.
The file I’m trying to run is the truss optimization problem by D. Vermeulen, available from Autodesk university.
Can you guys help me ?Test

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing in the preview for the node which is marked as that output?

Here you go.
This is actually an example from Autodesk University: https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Structural-Dynamoite-Optimized-Design-and-Fabrication-Workflows-Dynamo-2018
The file:
Spatial Truss Deformation.dyn (241.3 KB)
A screenshot:

Can you confirm which version of Refinery you are on? If you change your slider values in Dynamo do you get any ‘null’ results along the way?

Refinery 0.35.0 (the latest to date)
Dynamo for Revit 2020

When I change the slider values, I never get any ‘null’ results on the three outputs.

I was able to run an optimization with Refinery 0.4.44, with Dynamo 2.0.2 and Revit 2017. The problem appears to only affect the recent versions of Refinery.

Are you launching from sandbox, Dynamo for Revit, or from inside Revit directly?

From Dynamo for Revit.

Might be worth trying from Sandbox directly.

@Lilli_Smith FYI

The latest version of refinery requires Revit in order to install. After installation, Refinery doesn’t show in Sandbox, and I have to manually move the package files from the Dynamo for Revit folder to Dynamo Core folder in order for the package to appear. Even then, the results are the same.

The fact that the optimization is able to run on earlier versions of Dynamo for Revit, with an earlier version of Refinery shows that the problem probably lies with the newest versions of refinery.

I agree, which is why I wanted to know if it ran in other launch mechanisms, ie Refinery from Revit directly, via Dynamo for Revit, or via Dynamo Sandbox. :slight_smile:

@jacob.small thank you for your help.
I contacted @LongNguyen who confirmed that he is working on a version of Dynashape that should be compatible with the latest versions of Refinery. He might even have a temporary solution for us to be able to use this version :crossed_fingers:

I’ll keep you updated.

3 Likes

Hey,
any luck with solution? I’m stuck on the same step…