Nodes and Wires Missing When Opening DYN File

so updating pyrevit to the newest release should help.

Hi, yes, it did for me. I should have followed up to say the same.

HI All
thanks so much for this.

Getting the same issue here. Worked fine yesterday but had some trouble with the Clockwork package when I reran the script this morning. After uninstalling and reinstalling the package my nodes and wires disappeared.

1 Like

Copy all the files in the path(C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2019) to other places, leaving only Dynamo.addin.

Problem solved :grin:!!!

1 Like

Copy all the files in the path(C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2019) to other places, leaving only Dynamo.addin.

Problem solved :grin:!!!

1 Like

It would be great to find out which addin was causing the problem for you?

SpectrumBIM’s Gamut addin has been the route cause of this issue for me. Been in contact with them but for the time being i have just removed their .addin from my folder and poof dynamo works

1 Like

Still I have same issue. I am looking this issue from the previous version. Care is not taken till today. I also lost wires and nodes from my dyn file. This is like AutoCAD 2001LT, when I was working on some drawing and all the sudden you will get fatal error and you will not get any recovery at all. Even If there is a recovery you will not be able to open in AutoCAD. These days at least AutoCAD is better than before. I lost many drawings in those days so that I don’t get frustrated. This is the way the software product develops. It is called development of product through customers. I hope they will resolve the issue early but not later than 2025. Hardware will blame software and software will blame hardware and my boss will blame me. I will enjoy everybody through blaming game. Frustration could spoil our health, stay happy. Can you stop accidents, think this is also every day’s accident and relax and wait.
Thanks a lot Autodesk.

very likely your graph is intact. (there should also be a per minute backup if not)
Are you using Revit or Civil or something else?

I am using Revit and Dynamo for Revit. What do you mean by my graph is intact?
What is per minute backup ?

there should be backups made each minute you are working (by default)

All backups stays original and when we update it is removing some nodes and wires automatically.

It remove all input nodes, for example ‘Select Model elements’.
When you use this kind of nodes they got removed automatically with connected wires.

There is likely some kind of conflict with a package or addin -

1. do you have pyrevit installed - have you updated to the latest version
  2. have you removed all packages
  3. have you removed all other revit addins?

try these steps and then see if the graph opens fine, if so you’ll need to track down which addin or package is causing a conflict by adding them back in groups.

I am using only Revit Nodes only.

There are packages installed like lunchbox, archi-lab.net, bimorphNodes, BumbleBee, Clockwork1.x, Clockwork2.x, Dynamic CSharp Interpreter, MeshToolkit, Modelical, Rhythm, spring nodes, SteamNodes, WhatTheNode etc.

Do you want me to remove all these?

Yes. Start with the ones which are not built for your version of Dynamo - IE Clockwork 1.x for Dynamo 1.x or Clockwork 2.x for Dynamo 2.x, not both.

Also uninstall all Revit add-ins as those also can cause issues if you’re missing an update to one of them.

I assume only Dynamo Packages can causes issues not the Revit plugins, right?

no, the addins can and do cause issues. Both are loaded into the same process and conflicts can easily arise. This is frequently known as dll hell.

1 Like

I have removed all packages from dynamo. Still I lost nodes and wires.
How to remove Revit plugins ?