Nodes and Wires Missing When Opening DYN File

Good place to start is there.

1 Like

This is an impractical solution. There are already many plugins from Autodesk. I can’t remove some of them. Is there a guarantee to have a solution after removing all plugins?
I have tried to remove some plugins but some are not possible to remove.

very likely you do not need to remove any addins which ship with revit, only uninstall extra addins that you have installed.

1 Like

SpectrumBIM - Gamut plugin was my companies culprit. The method linked above by JacobSmall was exactly how zero’d in on it.

Glad you worked that out. Please be sure to contact the company who owns and updates that add-in to let them know of the conflict.

there is also the stantec addin manager that @Harry_Mattison did with them

We also identified an issue with Archilab package when loaded and trying to use BIMTrack. #archi-lab @Konrad_K_Sobon addin loads a previous version of a Dll that loads just before the one from BIM Track loads (more recent one… ) DLL hell, definitely

2 Likes

which dll did bimtrack and archilab load?

it is complicated but it has to do with the fact that we run Dyno (from prorubim) and it launches dynamo in the background at revit startup, which in turn loads dynamo nodes library (where Archi-Lab is) and after that the BIM Track addins takes in but it hits the DLL hell wall. It might be the WPF llibrary…

That I have done. Unfortunately responses have been slow from them.

1 Like

This means, Revit Dynamo is still premature new born baby, it get sick by other addins. Only Autodesk know how to grow this to matured.

Some of the addins are hard to remove, for example I have MEP content of Draw pipes and Place Products of Mitsubishi. Do you know how to remove these?

One plugin is asking to load when I start Revit. The name of plugin is HVACSolution. Normally I don’t load this. Is there a way that Revit will ask a list of the plugin in the binning when we start those and we can have check mark to load or to avoid those plugins.

Thank you for your help.

Actually it’s a function to how the add-in is written.

Dynamo and Revit cannot control the customizations which are added, and if they break a part of the system then it’s up to the add-in’s creator to update it or let you know that they don’t plan on doing so. I have seen such add-ins break other parts of Revit as well (Project homepage, Dynamo Player, Fabrication parr’s, BIM360 Design, etc). Hard to manage I know but Autodesk cannot assume responsibility for functionality of 3rd party add-ins.

Difficulty removing add-ins is also something to discuss with the add-in manufacturer.

1 Like

That means we should avoid addins because we don’t know if they will break other parts of Revit as you said.

Is the Dynamo files are harmful ? or not similar to addins?

Right now I have no external addins except Audoesk addins. still I found missing nodes and wires.

That means you need to review them before rolling them out, as you would for any other software.

Do you have any errors in your Dynamo console?

No error. I loose some nodes and wires.

See attached, What I lost after reopen the same file.

change elevation of pipe.dyn (6.1 KB)

See attached I have loaded only a few Autodesk addins.

Hi @piuspatel1
can you add as much info as you can here:

• revit version
  • dynamo version
  • dynamoRevit version
  • what happens if you remove System.Windows.Interactivity.dll from the Dynamo folder?
  • can you share the dynamo log (goto view -> console)

do you also have advanced steel installed on this machine with a dynamo addin?

Is the advanced steel addin something that came shipped with your revit install? Are all these addins ones that came with Revit or extras you installed?

1 Like