Empty / Missing Nodes

Hello,

There’s one workstation on our network that won’t run the following graph correctly. It generates a graph with empty / missing nodes (see screenshot). We are running Revit 2016 with Dynamo 1.3.2.
We’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling all versions of Dynamo and removing our AVAIL browser as suggested in these forum posts below along with all their other suggestions:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Nodes-disappear-in-Graph-View-and-only-show-wires-in-dynamo.html

We are wondering if it is a graphics card issue.
Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

RemoveDetailBoundaryDuplicates.dyn (49.1 KB)

Unlikely it’s a graphics card issue - that’d be the geometry preview which would take the hit.

Likely it’s an add-in. Disable all add-ins on the system, then open Revit, Dynamo, and the graph.

If that doesn’t fix it we can brainstorm other fixes (a package perhaps?).

If it does fix it then start adding back the add-ins group by group until you find the culprit, and update that add-in or leave it uninstalled.

1 Like

I have only seen this personally on machines with bad installations of revit. ( I know others have reported other causes) but I might try a revit reinstall instead of dynamo only.

1 Like

Had a similar thing happening to me and got resolved while disabling the AVAIL Add In

1 Like

it turns out it was the keynote add-in. thanks!

2 Likes

I am sorry to revive this topic again, but one of my team’s machines is experiencing this same missing node incident.

This is in Revit 2022, Dynamo 2.12.

IT department re-installed the Revit. No Add-ins installed yet to test. However, she still experiences the issue. I am attaching the log files from her machine just in case, but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much,
dynamoLog_6e56e9a2-c2f7-4d77-bbbb-acc153458bc8.txt (6.2 KB)

I would double check regarding the addins:

2022-12-22 16:41:15Z : Dynamo Unhandled Exception
2022-12-22 16:41:15Z : Add value to collection of type 'System.Windows.Interactivity.TriggerActionCollection' threw an exception.

theres something odd going on as theres also this line when packages load in the log:
PackageManagerViewExtension: Method not found: 'Void DotNetEnv.Env.Load(System.String, LoadOptions)'.

try removing all packages as well.

1 Like

Post the Revit journal so we can confirm that there are no add-ins. If they were previously installed sometimes they just jump right back in.

1 Like

Thank you so much, all (@Michael_Kirschner2, @jacob.small) I have requested and forwarded your suggestions to IT department. I will post any updates and the Revit Journal file soon when available.

Sorry for the belated feedback. IT department was able to find that CTC tools were still installed and came back once Revit launched as you mentioned. We finally found out from testing that CTC tools were the cause of the incident for Revit 2022, Dynamo 2.12. Once, we completely removed, Dynamo worked fine. I am attaching the Revit Journal file for reference, but I wonder what if the user needs the CTC tools installed. Is there a workaround? Would it be a developer issue?
Thank you so much-
journal.0194.txt (256.0 KB)

Yes - bring this to the attention of the CTC tools team. Note that you should confirm you’re using the most up to date version of their tools before doing so.

1 Like