Need help developing a script

I went from having a script that only worked on Level 1, to now only working on Levels other than 1. It gets all of the correct values it just wont place the families.

Can someone take a look and see what is going wrong with level 1, it looks like everything is going fine until the last step.Fire Rating Script-modified-new 2.dyn (48.6 KB)
Active View Walls at Plan View Level.dyf (15.3 KB)

I cannot upload the actual revit file that I am dealing with. It is too large and this is a really paired down version.

The 2 scripts I attached are for the script and a custom node that I wrote from the Architect’s Desktop.

I can email the files upon request. Thanks

Why can’t you upload the file to google drive and then change the share permissions to whoever has access to the link and then post the link? Surely its not larger than 50MB? I also would be aware of your firms legal perspective before putting actual revit files on the internet for anyone to see.

I havent used google drive, I have purged everything out of the file related to the firm, it is not an actual project, it is a test file, but the parameters are the same as what is in our actual files.

erafjo,that is not that part that is not functioning, I really just need a functioning script for all levels, I can clean it up afterwards

Here is the link to my test file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw3BAA4S-UmyMlJDRDZWY2FnbnM

I am currently grabbing the level of the current view, and this is returning the correct value, the issue is why the detail components are not being placed on level 1. I am fairly new to dynamo and I am not sure what your script is intending to do and how it will help me.

erfajo,

I understand that there may be more efficient ways of handling this situation, however I have a functioning script, just not for all levels. Your way may solve this, but I do still do not understand what you are getting at. I would rather focus on figuring out why it works on some levels and not others.

I get what you are trying to do, but it is still not applying the families on level 1, although I will test it in a newer script, and 2 it is grabbing all of the walls from all Building Stories, so my guess is that on Level 1 you will have lines from Level 1, Level 3 and Top of wall, not just specific to the single current level.

Even with your modifications detail components are still not being added to Level 1

Fire Rating Script-by level.dyn (50.5 KB)
https://forum.dynamobim.com/uploads/short-url/ifkr2gJcrkdGPBWWM3QLkqkzwea.rfa

Good day fellow Dynamo users,

To make the script useble for our workflow, I have modified the script so it will place the lines by level.
Now I only need the lines to be placed with an offset next to the walls, but I can’t seem to make that happen.
It would be of great help if someone could help me in the right direction.

This looks like an interesting new topic. This one is already very long indeed. You can link yours to any post like so:
Share-a-link-to-this-post