Fire Rated Detail Lines on Revit Walls

So, by using a number of different threads across multiple forums I managed to create a script that places a detail line at the base of a Revit wall. The lines represents a Fire Rating. It works great for floor plans, but I also want to apply the same process in a section view.

So far, you have to first created line patters in Revit, and then assign these patters to Line Styles (Each represents a Fire Rating… 0.5 HR, 1 HR, and so on). An instance parameter for Fire Rating is then assigned to walls (there is already a Type Parameter for this, but you don’t want to create a new type for each Fire Rating). Each of these represent a different fire rating.

The Script then checks for the value of this parameter where it places a fire rated line style on the corresponding wall on the level you pick.

But i also want to show it on section. How can this be done?
Fire Rated Walls.dyn (47.3 KB)
Capture

An alternate method (though not Dynamo) is to use Filters and Fill Patterns. Lines are great… until someone moves a wall!

2 Likes

Yes I understand filters but a pattern may not be visible at a certain scale and it may be black & white. A line can be created to suit a scale and be the same throughout. Also, if a wall is moved, just select everything in view, filter everything apart from the lines and delete, then run the script again. less than a minutes work extra.