Need help developing a script

How would I set it up so that it only selects the walls visible in the current view, and applies the line based detail component only in this view.

John,

I believe that I have set everything up like you have shown. However my Dictionary is only reading the first family type, and is getting null for the rest of them.

Also is there a way to select only the walls in the view. because currently it is grabbing the second floor walls too.

Is there a way to apply the line based detail components only to the current view.

John,

I have the script figured out. However, the Families are not being placed in the Revit Model. Does it have to do with the fact that these are detail components, and it seems like they are being placed like model components. Not sure if this has any affect on it.

That shouldn’t affect it.It seemed to simply place them in the active view for me. Also flatten both of your outputs from the list.create nodes to the dictionary. That should fix the null values.

I did flatten it and it is returning the correct values.

The families are not being placed. I have attached my script.

Fire Rating Script.dyn (44.7 KB)

Can you share family as well?

DTL_Fire Rating.rfa (300 KB)

1 Like

hate to do this, but do you have sample file as well? This makes it quicker for me to look at

The file is too large to upload. I am trying to get it smaller

Yeah, if you just generate a file with one view with your wall types placed that will help. Also feel free to email a link, sixtysecondrevit@gmail.com I just want to make sure I am testing under your same conditions.

I emailed it to you John

1 Like

:thumbsup:Let me check it out for ya!

Fixed some flattens, and we have success (on my end)

try this file
Fire Rating Script-modified.dyn (45.4 KB)

Worked on my end too for the most part. It looks like the 3HR smoke wall is not getting a line and the 0 hr non smoke partion is getting the 3hr smoke line

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Congrats on working through this pretty cool workflow! :slight_smile:

See my previous post. It looks like it is trying to apply 8 lines to 9 walls, how can I filter out the non rated, non smoke partition. Thanks again

John,

Looks like I got the selection filtering figured out so that the non-rated non-smoke do not get a family.

New question how can I delete all instances of those line based detail components from the view prior to running the rest of the script

@dpohlman New Question = New Topic.

@john_pierson

Do you also have a workflow for my proposal mentioned above?
Cause i still believe its more of a BIM approach.
Will post my “first go at this” graph tomorrow

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

1 Like

So delete the ones previously created? Should be able to.