Name of spare circuit?

Hello, i am trying to write a simple routine to change spare circuit names from “spare” to another string value. I can easily generate a list of all spare circuits (category is electrical spare/space circuits" but when i put that through element.parameters none of the returns is the name. Rating and load and other useful items are there, but not name. (!)

does anyone know how to get to the name of a spare circuit?
thank you.

Its a huge pain. its not like getting an electrical circuits load because the spare isn’t an electrical circuit with parameters. I haven’t found a great way or easy way to do it yet… You have to get the column and row of your spare on the panel schedule and set the cell to the string you want.

I made a program that finds all the spares and spaces in a panel schedule from a user selected “origin” panel and pulls the string from the cell. I also get Load (VA) information. The program also pushes this information to an empty “destination” panel of then users choice.

Sometimes it will fill out information in the wrong cells especially if you have any differences in panel schedule layout between your origin and destination panels. Feel free to check it out and see if you can improve it at all. Sorry in advance its a mess crazy graph. The python might be valuable to you. Let me know if you have any questions!
File is a Dynamo 1.3.2 file
SPARE AND SPACE.dyn (52.4 KB)

wow, okay thanks.
Plan B is to give this to my intern. “change these 150 spare circuit labels will you?”

or maybe I should have him add 150 power connections (electrical devices) and circuit those… These aren’t really spares.

Haha yep I had an intern filling out hundreds of spares as well. I’m sure there’s a better way but this is what a came up with a while back trying to automate everything.

Like I said definitely share if you come up with a better method. I’d be up to work on this more to truly perfect it if I can get a little input and help.

Eh ya it depends I guess, sometimes spares are easier… I made a mini junction box device for mechanical equipment and devices without a connection. If you need to find them on plan just make a schedule of the device. Usually I put them on a workset and hide it…

Not sure what the best practice is for stuff like this but so far this is what has been working for me.

I was also looking for a way to get the name of a Spare circuit number.

you can use Element.Name.

afbeelding

number 11 & 12 are Spare