My wish list for the new Dynamo version

First a few goodies/responses…

1. You’re right about not everything being exposed via the API. For what is exposed this may help: Sketch Lines - Edit, Copy, Paste - #20 by jacob.small. I do thing that there should be some out of the box nodes added for this.

2. Grouping inputs is the generally accepted convention for the first part. You can also use the TuneUp view extension to ‘go to’ a given node. External input order will certainly help, but isn’t tracked anywhere I know just yet.

3. The order is under review already. Hopefully we’ll have some good news in the near future. :slight_smile:

4. This is a bit harder as it would require opening all graphs to ID the lack of input. With Dynamo that is not a trivial task as you know; even with a text editor that could be cumbersome. Would the delay in opening a new folder be worth it?

Not all great news/insight, but hopefully some things put a bit of a smile on your face. :slight_smile:

For the rest, the Dynamo development team has a public facing wishlist, here: GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoWishlist: This is a repository for all wishlist items for Dynamo Core.

Any time you have an idea on something which could make an aspect of Dynamo better you can post a new ‘issue’ there. The team reviews these periodically and slots stuff into the relevant work-plans as applicable/possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes