My canvas is blank!

Hi,

please, help!
I have Dynamo1.3.0

Hello! we are having the same problem in this topic:

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks!

Just to be sure, you have turned on the 3D background view?

Yes, and no way. The background is always white. If a create a line in Dynamo (for example), it appears in Revit but I cannot see it on it (also the grid and the coordinates…)

@mahmoudqahtan is your backround 3D preview enabled?

What kind of graphics card / driver do you have?

I am using a Laptop:
Intel Corel i5-3230M CPU 2,60 GHz
Ram: 8,00 GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE

Is this not enough?

Try setting Dynamo to use the correct graphics card through NVidia Control Panel.

I ve solved it! But I am not sure what was the problem…I was using a second screen with the Laptop the first time I lunched Dynamo. I have closed Dynamo and Revit, then I have plugged off the second screen, lunched Revit and Dynamo again (just with the screen of the Laptop on) and everything is working. Once I did this, even if the second screen in also plugged on Dynamo is working perfectly.
Any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you Community!

1 Like

Update your Nvidia drivers from the website. I had this problem when Dynamo was using the on board graphics once.

Ok, thank you very much!

I used onboard graphics on all my desktop and no issues with dynamo and they are not even using nvidia card with dual or triple screens. This is common to a setup with laptop that has second screen. The screen resolution for the laptop and the second screen is not matching. Revit, Navisworks and any programs can suffer due to mismatch of screen resolution. What you have done is the solution to it. It forces the laptop to use its default resolution with respect to its graphics cards aspect ratio.

2 Likes

Try to uninstall and install

After formatting, everything works well.

This worked for me! I just launched my Nvidia control panel and added Sandbox, then switched the preferred graphics configuration to Nvidia, not auto-select. Thanks John.