I am currently working on a site development which consist of more than 40 roads. We have just migrated to civil3d2021 and i am fascinated about using Dynamo especially for redundant task.
Normally our process are;
- Create existing ground surface file using survey data
- Create Data shortcut for the existing ground
- Data reference the existing ground and create the alignment, profile-views and design profiles in a separate file.
- Create Data shortcut for the alignment/profile.
- Create a file where we data-shortcut all the data required.
- Create corridor and surface (In step 6 we normally create separate corridors to each alignment due to file size and sometimes we divided the site and create multiple corridor files).
This is a tedious job and we spent several weeks to finish. Now, we were awarded a site which may consist of more than 200 alignments. However, the timeline is very tight which could also take effect in our ongoing projects.
I am hoping somebody could assist me on how to reduce our process especially step 3 and 6 that would be a HUGE help for us.