Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

1.1.17 is out, exposed some selection by name nodes

11 Likes

read the previous posts, since it is difficult to get people to attach the log file and I’ve asked multiple times, I decided to create the “naughty list” and I will not answer to those who make the list.
These people will not receive anymore support from me until they redeem themselves in any part of the forum.
You know who you are, I will update the list accordingly.

3 Likes

Thanks for your Answer.

I searched past posts before write, but dont see anything relate.

Could yout tell me where find log file? To Attache.

Regards

1 Like

Good day!
Happy new year everyone!
How can you use these nodes in section - Navisworks?

Navisworks.dwg (934.9 KB)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZrweHw11Jogv8Q1d-Pth-dWtKhdQ?e=j1mZXg

2 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Happy new year and take care of you !

I saw a video made by @safi.hage (can I share the link here Safi?)
I understand that in Civil 3D:

• you create your list of viewpoints
  • you transform it to exchange (exchange.byviews)
  • you export it as xml (exchange.serializetoXML)

Then in Navisworks you inport your recorded viewpoints form your xml file.

3 Likes

Hello and happy new year everyone,
here is a video describing the process : https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/6bc9ff35-021a-4f34-adce-805981bcd5a5
the workflow is the one described by @bertrand.savarit (merci :))
Folder name and content type are hard coded.

8 Likes

Good days!
Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I have problem with SetRimToSumpHeight node. I was trying to assign values to structures created in dynamo.
In Civil I get last value from list of all structures - node GetParameterByName shows this values.
Node RimToSumpHeight shows values which I want to assign, but they aren’t visible in Civil.
Changing lacing to longest doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Hi. Noob question here:
Why does my AlignmentExtensions.AddProfileBySurface output a “null” profile?
I’ve not fully learned how to work with lists/arrays when functions only want single objects as inputs, but after adding a bunch of “String from Array” I do not get any warning anymore, and the program runs. Yet I do not get a profile.

customary logfile:
dynamoLog_bc507616-33c2-4089-8707-e403e78d5a3e.txt (11.2 KB)

1 Like

One suggestion would be to use AlignmentByName and SurfaceByName to get the specific objects that you want. Then you can use CivilObject.Name instead of creating strings from arrays.

Also, the log file you posted looks to be the Dynamo log and not the specific log for the Civil 3D Toolkit. Go to the temp folder (Run -> %temp%) and look for Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.log.

1 Like

Happy and healthy new year to all of you! I was using the time between they years to explore the functionallity of Dynamo and after short time of usage I really could add a lot of benefit for my work when I found the great and helpful C3D Toolkit extension.

In my examples I often get some unexpected behaviour of arc’s from polylines or feature lines using the nodes PolylineExtensions.ObjectByGeometry and FeatureLine.ByPolycurve. The geometry taken from the drawing into Dynamo seems to be properly created, I often get different results for arc segments in the output. Any idea why this happen? I have created one example attached.

I’m using Civil3D 2021 (Produktversion: 13.3.2105.0 Civil 3D 2021.2 Update Erstellt mit: R. 118.0.0 AutoCAD 2021.1 24.0.30.17 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2021.0.1 8.3.53.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2021) and the current version fo the C3DToolkit 1.1.17

ARC_Behaviour.dyn (27.7 KB)

Sample drawing and Logfile

Thank’s in advance
Silvio

2 Likes

@INGDLS

1 Like

The log file is not from 1.1.17, at least data is missing, I’ll take a look but as usual, the bulge values for the arcs seem ok for some arcs and completely wrong for others, needless to say that the formula I’m using should be ok otherwise ALL the arcs would be wrong. Still a mystery

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! Sorry, the initial script was created with 1.1.16 and I took just parts of it to create that example.

Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.txt (192 KB)

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 DYNRoute_VISIrellee_liste.dyn (761.2 KB)

Hi,

I ran a test on the VisibilityChecks.ByAlignmentProfile node, and i found some issues.

the visible lines generated by the node are not exactly the same then the ones generated by the Civil 3d tool (To Calculate Sight Distance Along a Corridor | Civil 3D 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network)

• The elevation of the start point does not respect the eye height parameter
  • And the elevation of the end point is not calculated from the surface but from the elevation of the profile

The length of obstructed lines is always equal to minDistance parameter, wich is not the behavior of civil3D tool.

Could it possible to that node to have the same behavior (and same results) that the civil3D tool?

I join my dyn test files.

Thanks.DYNRoute_VISIrellee_liste.dyn (761.2 KB)

1 Like

@frederic.duhart You are free not to use the node because as far as I’m concerned it is working as designed.

1 Like

1.1.18 is out, it should fix that behavior

4 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 I don’t understand your answer….
Do you mean that the node does not have the same behavior then the civil 3D tool?

I can admit it but could you explain how it works?

Thanks

1 Like

Perfect, thank you very much for your efforts!

1 Like