MEPover package published

Thanks @T_Pover, this works really well.

Is there a way you can define which direction shoes connect to ducts? The shoes are input as shown, but my flow dictates mirror shoe as shown.

Just checking back in. I downloaded the newest version of the package, and it seems to be working great now. If anything comes up I will let you know, but otherwise, thank you and great work on this awesome package!

1 Like

I do not know of any way to control the direction of the shoes when placing them using the methods that are available in the Revit API. If it is at all possible then I think it would have to be done by rotating/flipping the families after placement. The question of course is if you can find out how they have been placed and if they need to be flippedā€¦

Hi @T_Pover

I am Using Mepover for Creating Duct By Line
But is null Result

Please Help Me Best Regard

Because you are feeding it string values instead of Revit element types. You should bypass the x.Name nodes like this:

Thank youuuuu

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m trying to use your Room at point node for getting the space location for railings in revit, but it wonā€™t return any room values. Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

thanks

is either you didnt download the latest package, or it is required to modify the default input of the custom node

Hi @kongGBK9K

When watch node says Function that means youā€™re missing inputs in your case Document.

1 Like

Hey!

Thanks very much for the package.
Iā€™m having issues having updated from Revit 2018 to 2019.
The exact same script that works in 2018 no longer places the pipes in 2019.
Reading above I saw that someone solved this by removing all 2017 files from their computer but this isnā€™t really an option for me as sometimes I work with some people who only have 2018 and some that only have 2019.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers!

It is probably because the inputs on the ā€˜Element Typesā€™ nodes have changed between the Revit versions. You should set them back to PipeType and SystemType so that they match the inputs on the Pipe.ByLines node.

2 Likes

Cheers this worked!
Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t notice myself.

1 Like

Hi T_Pover, I feel like Iā€™ve set this up correctly, but I too am having trouble with it. It creates a line correctly but does not create the rectangle.

Your inputs seem to be correct. Could you share a revit file for testing?

Ha. I just closed Revit and Dynamo and reran it. Works fine now! I donā€™t understand why Revit does that. Thanks so much for your software. Works really great.

1 Like

Hi T_Pover, Iā€™m having and issue with your MEPFitting.ByPointsAndCurve node. Iā€™m feeding the node a simple list of a single duct together with another list of 4x points. The points have been generated at Duct/Wall intersections and the locations all seem correct as I am also placing a ā€˜nodeā€™ type family using the same points list which all appear to be correct. However, the MEP fitting family (a ā€˜Breaks Intoā€™ type damper) is not placing in the correct location, is sometimes placing multiple instances and is causing the duct to jump out of locations and even rotate the new sections. Iā€™ve checked the point locations do correspond with the correct duct and tried different fitting families and variations but always get the same result. Any suggestions as to what is going wrong here?

Hi Chris,
Could you share the family you want to insert for testing?

Hi again, Iā€™ve attached 2x variations on one of the Duct Accessory families Iā€™ve been using here. They are essentially the same except for the facing direction of the connectors with 1 using connectors on the Front&Back faces, the other on the Left&Right faces. Interestingly, I can get a correct result in the previous example the first time I run the script but if I add more ducts or remove the successfully placed fittings it fails again on the subsequent attempts.

Thanks for looking at this

MM-MEC_DuctAcc_Penetration_Square Through.rfa (332 KB) MM-MEC_DuctAcc_Penetration_Square.rfa (360 KB)

Thanks for the families Chris. Turns out that my own families also no longer work. A part of the API (setting connector sizes) no longer seems to work for whatever reason. Iā€™ll need some time to see if I can fix this.

Hi all

why error with te connections and crosshead.

On the tank path to the pump does it work correctly but from the tee to the pump or from the pump to the tee it collects only the elements connected to the tee?

here @L1