MEPover package published

3 posts were split to a new topic: Cable Tray By Line Not Working

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on my current predicament tying multiple fittings together. The thread is here:

Hello, Iā€™m trying to use your package with ducts but I encounter a problem with the duct by line node :slight_smile:

Any idea why it wont create the duct ?

Best regards,
AM

1 Like

After the all elements of type node. Try to flatten that list, i believe that the node does not accept a list as an input.

You are feeding it a duct, instead that should be a duct type.

Iā€™m feeding a Duct Type now but iā€™m still getting no result.

Is it the Mechanical System Type which is wrong ?

Yes, you are right. If you check the type of that node then you will see that it returns a string and that is not what you need in this case.

2 Likes

Itā€™s working !!! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hi there,

New to Dynamo and trying to use this tool, I have followed the forum for troubleshooting. Each time I ask the attached to run my computer crashes. Have I currently used the node?

Thanks in advance.

Could it be that you have your graph set to run in ā€˜automaticā€™ mode? If so you set it to ā€˜manualā€™.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks very much, I now have this network. Do you have any examples of how to create connections (elbows, tee, transitions etc.)?

1562754770524_image|662x500

I am having trouble with the Elements in Connected Network node working intermittently. Iā€™m working in a detached model, so I am the only person in it, and I am changing nothing between tests, and yet it only works half the time. When it works, it works fantastically, but I need this to work reliably over multiple projects. Any suggestions or advice what might make this work regularly?

I did update the node a little while back so you could try downloading a newer version of the package. If that does not resolve anything it would be nice if you could share a test project with that same irregular behaviour so I can do some testing.

1 Like

Hi there,

I have used the Curve to Elbow node to create the attached network, I would like the whole system to be attached this requires adding shoes to branched ductwork.

Is there an established method for doing this? Iā€™ve tried the connect into nodes with no success.

Please find attached my code. Thanks in advance.

And here is what Iā€™m trying to achieve:

You could make use of the ā€˜Tap.By2MEPCurvesā€™ node: image
It will require some extra work though as you have to specify the main and branch ducts for it to work.

Canā€™t download the MEPover package thru the Package Manager.

What Dynamo version are you on, how are you launching Dynamo, and can you access https://www.dynamopackages.com/ directly?

Hello T-Pover.
I am using your package and itā€™s great, thank you.
Now I am trying to create pipes by lines, with elbows and other junctions.
With elbows, itā€™s working great, but are there another way to create other junctions without specifying main and branch pipe?

Hi Tom,

Sadly there isnā€™t any way to do so. The Revit API methods that provide in the creation of tees, taps and such will always require a certain order of connector inputs for creation of said fittings.

1 Like