Making 2D Property Lines Follow Topography in Revit and Instantiating Hosted Family on It

Hi I’ve watched MARCELLO SGAMBELLURI video on making properties lines that follow topography [Link]. The tutorial is great, author explained it very well. However, I’m struggling on instantiating hosted families on top of topography. In my case, the non-hosted families got instantiated below the topography. I am newbiew to dynamo, would appreciate if someone explain how do I instantiate the hosted families on top of topography. Thank you.

Here’s my dynamo code.

http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/attach-family-instance-to-topographic-surface/

Hi @Yna_Db thanks for the reminder. Today got busy with some hotfixes didn’t got time to view your reply. Besides one of our colleague has helped me figure out the problem. The problem was with the ‘offset’ value of the hosted family. When the offset value got fixed, the problem was resolved and now I can able to instantiate hosted families on top of topography.

I’ve looked into your answer, thank you for posting it here. However, it do not cover the issue that I was facing. Which was actually the ‘offset’ value. But thanks for the help. Really appreciate it!

Glad if it helps anyone to solve similar issues :slight_smile:

1 Like