LunchBox for Dynamo 0.7 released

Most of it is mostly working :wink:

• Over 30 nodes...
  • Paneling, geometry, math, data management
  • Revit data collection (still ironing out some kinks for 0.7... but give them a try)
Get it now from the package manager...

LunchBox0.7-2

Nathan,

I’ve having trouble getting the paneling nodes to work for a list of surfaces. I have a feeling it might be a data structure issue as there’s no lacing options for custom nodes, but as far as I can tell they’re the same. After flattening the list of surfaces, I’ve tried plugging in a single integer into the U and V inputs, as well as duplicating the number by the length of the surface list so all the input lists are the same size.

Here’s a screenshot of the relevant portions of the .dyn file for clarification:

LunchBoxMultiSurfaceGrid

Hello Nathan,

I’d just like to give you my honest thanks and appreciation for your amazing work. Lunchbox for Dynamo 0.63 was great and I hope the one for 0.7 is even better. I think this forum could do with a “thank you” button.

Nathan,

Do you have any idea when/and if you will be transitioning the rest of your nodes to 0.7.1 ? I am looking at Adaptive Component Collector and its dead. :frowning: Let me know what your thinking is.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Nathan,

I have a problem. I can’t get the wall into Dynamo using Lunchbox. The return value is NULL

I am using Revit2014, and Dynamo 0.7.1.

Lunchbox problem

Thank you !

<span class=“author-link”>William Yan</span>: I have the same problem with you, walls and floors imported as empty? Nathan,
<div id=“gt-res-content” class=“almost_half_cell”>
<div dir=“ltr” style=“zoom: 1;”><span id=“result_box” class=“short_text” lang=“en”><span class=“hps”>it does not</span> <span class=“hps”>support the</span> <span class=“hps”>Chinese</span> <span class=“hps”>version</span> <span class=“hps”>revit2015?</span></span></div>
</div>
QQ图片20140911221648

Hi Nathan

Simple question - once I’ve download it from the package manager, how can I install it?

Thanks. P

all packages are automatically stored in your packages path.

you should find the nodes on the left side on your screen among the other nodes. the group name is LunchBox

Thanks a lot Nathan Miller,

Lunch Box for Dynamo is really useful.

I’m having a bit of trouble running Lunchbox in Dynamo 0.7.2 - all nodes return null values! Is there a conflict with the latest version of Dynamo or these bugs coming out of my system?

Hi to all,

My problem is Diamond Grids dosen’t work with a list of surfaces,

İf I get one elements its works but with multiple dosn’t, i try to made a cycle with UV, but it dosnt worked too.

Any help?

Thanks a lot

Nathan…lunchbox is a great contribution to the community…Awesome! I was wondering if it would be easy for you to add the “Level” as part of your “Room Element Collector”…would help collecting that information without having to add the other Lunchbox node “Get Parameter Value”…

Regardless…happy to begin utilizing your lunchbox custom nodes. :wink:

Hi guys,

I am new to using Dynamo and I just downloaded lunchbox but I cant seem to install it, is there any place that videos on how to install.

Thanks

It’s easier to just go through the package manager. Otherwise I think you can just save the files to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo.7\packages

2015-03-06_11h31_43

lunchbox_MEP_SpaceCollectorHello

I’m now trying to use the LunchBoxTool_MEP Space Colector.

Even when I connect “True” to Toggle, it keeps on returning null.

I tried copy pasting the Python Script part but it returns error, which I attached an image.

Is it only me that encounters this error?

Revit version is 2014 and Dynamo version is 0.8.0.950

I guess it’s all about the unwrapping issues.

Thanks

I have the same problem.

How did you solve it?

Revit 2016, Dynamo 0.8

I have edited the Python node. Latest Dynamo has to unwrap the input.

Hi!

How did you do that? can you upload a screenshot?

Excellent set of nodes!

They all work great, but I have one suggestion, which may have come up in another thread. LunchBox Mass Addition can add numbers that are integers, but cannot add items with units (ft, inches, sq ft, ect). Is there a way to do this, or would it be possible to change the python script to include another input where you choose the unit type?

Thanks again!