Load Family Document from DanEDU/Orchid

@erfajo Thanks for the great package tools! Are we going to be getting a load family document like there was in DanEDU? I am not seeing it in the current version of Orchid. I have got a remove formula node that I need to then load the family back into the file to finish the command, currently I have to edit family>reload family to finish removing the formula. Thanks

Capture

Hi @H-CDesign2 I do not understand what you’re getting at, the LoadFamily is available in Orchid :slight_smile: (I’m using version 130.0.10 which is the current one from May 3rd)

1 Like

ahh I see what happened, I’m on version 130.0.09 not version 130.0.10 my bad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will have to use an old version as I need the revit.db document load block. Thanks

The intention is to remove formulas in families in the current Revit project, reload those families and then capitalize the contents of the parameters. Everything works as intended with the blocks as shown. I was having issues with the get formula block from orchid as it wasn’t outputting the contents of the formula. I am fairly new to dynamo so still figuring out most of it on the fly.
Capture

@erfajo
I’ve tried many times to down the Orchid package from GitHub. When trying to do it nativity inside dynamo only version 0.0.1 is available. Even tried the DanEDU one knowing that it is outdated. Downloading, copy & paste, new search path nothing is working. I still just get the Install or Update Orchid node inside my dynamo.
Using Dynamo 2.0.

@erfajo

Thanks for all your great work, my folders often contain sub-folders which I don’t want to load E.G. superceded folders or sub-family folders. However when I run the Directory.ContentsAll with false, it still loads those sub folders. I would be very grateful if there was a way of not including them.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey,

Thanks for the response, on a local path, you’re right, it works fine.

It seems that the fail is over my network, is that the same for you?

Cheers,

Mark

very odd, must be something particular to my setup / network, thanks for checking

@erfajo how do i get the Orchid as a package on my computer?

Hi,

Look at erfajo’s Profile.

erfajo

All information concerning the Orchid package is located at Github, this goes for the executable installer of the package and for all issues as well. The DanEDU package is deprecated and is not supported anymore!

2 Likes

Any suggestions you to update my families with shared parameters. Batch update?

@erfajo, thanks for explaining this. I was wondering how to use the string inputs. I’m glad that I found this post :slight_smile:

Just one question: can I somehow see how your nodes are made up? I was looking for “edit custom node”, and trying to find the code behind it, but there was no such option. Is there a way that i can study how you made this?

The coding behind is zero touch so no that you cannot, what is available is on Eriks github :slight_smile:

@Jonathan.Olesen thank you.
What do you mean by “zero touch”?
I found his Github page so thank you for that.

Have a look at either his Profile here at the forum… Stating everything you need to know… (I do not believe you can find the source code there, but there might be an example or two) :slight_smile:

A “Zero-Touch” is a package that is coded in C# and compiled to a .dll so the coding behind cannot be accessed… To protect the Author.
Try and read this chapter in the Primer:
http://primer.dynamobim.org/en/11_Packages/11-5_Zero-Touch.html

3 Likes

Do you have a load family node for documents that are already open in the background? In my head it would look just like your File.LoadFamily but be feeding an open background document into it.

Hey,

Erik doesn’t come on here any more, but he regularly responds on his Github… https://github.com/erfajo/OrchidForDynamo/issues

I understand that you can get open documents by name using Open and Activate (if it is already open it just switches them) so might be possible!
https://www.revitapidocs.com/2019/3b3d671d-47ec-2ed8-1818-a7c19d01884b.htm

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 Like

Thanks man. I hit him up on git hub already :slight_smile:

I cant quite figure it out but I think combing a couple of nodes python here could do it.

1 Like