List the pipes within a room / space

Hello

I am fairly new to Dynamo but I would like to list the pipes in a Room or Space.
I get a list of the spaces, pipe size and lengths but this is not quite correct.

REVIT

Dynamo

Excel (Left = export, Right is what i need)

Hi @L_VDV and welcome, you need to match the number of space names as per the respective intersecting pipes, hope this helps:

1 Like

Great, @tradelie thx!
Part 1 worked, but I’m still struggling with the pipe size… Do you have any idea how I can solve this?

DYNAMO

EXCEL

@L_VDV all I can think of is swapping the intersecting geometries to get the sizes of the respective pipes, hope it works for you:

@Elie.Trad thanks again to reply!
The solution is not correct, at least not with me… Do your lengths and sizes match?

REVIT

DYNAMO

EXCEL

What I just noticed: the “List.Flatten” a “List.Of Repeated Item” match, the sorting is different from the length.

@L_VDV Ah that is true, the thing is in the second intersection node, intersection results are coming out as per the intersecting pipes, so for ex., the 50 mm pipe is intersecting with (2) spaces, so on and so forth, without any reference to the intersected space, if I come up with a solution to it I will let you know

2 Likes

@Elie.Trad, what do you think of this option:
Is it possible to pass the element ID to the pipes intersections?
After this we can add the size back in an extra column based on the element ID?

@L_VDV check this out, it is a bit messy, maybe someone else can think of lesser nodes, hope it works for you:

pipes.dyn (55.6 KB)

2 Likes

hello @Elie.Trad

My best wishes for 2022. I was on vacation.
This seems to work for me, also for ducts!

Super!

1 Like

@Elie.Trad
Today we used the script. When you have a project with several levels it no longer works.
It also no longer works with spaces that extend over different floors (technical shaft).

I’m trying to find a solution but so far I haven’t found it…
I’m trying to work with this node: All Pipes at Reference Level – Dynamo Nodes

LVL00

LVL01

EXCEL

@L_VDV Try to group your spaces by level as well, make sure that your spaces list by level is in order as same as your pipes list by level, before executing the rest of the script; For the shafts, I think it will be easier since it will be one space with the inclusive pipes sorted by ascending levels

@Elie.Trad This part succeeded. We have chosen to generate per level. This to limit the heaviness of the script. What I notice is that the shafts name only is taken on the level where the space starts.

Example: “schacht 1” starts at lvl00, this works correctly. The pipes on lvl01 inside “schacht 1” don’t get the name “schacht 1”. Space “schacht 1” goes from lvl00 to lvl02.

Dynamo

Excel
lvl00 => OK

lvl01 => “schacht 1” is missing

@L_VDV Try to repeat the shaft space by the count of the levels, as same as the first iteration in this post, this way you will get enough “shaft” elements for the inclusive pipes.