Newbie here, does this element touch any spaces?

Ok, so i made a simple Revit model, 4 spaces, each with their own Family inside (radiator).

I’m attempting to get Dynamo to recognise which rad is in which space, the blue area is a simple; yes item 1 touches item 2, so i got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

But i’m struggling with doing all spaces and all rads at once.

I assume I need to find a way of saying check the first item on the list against all items in the other list, but i cant find a way of doing that.

I’m pretty new to Dynamo, so please explain as if i’m 12. Cheers.

try

@Marcel_Rijsmus’s response is probably going to be the easiest solution, but to answer your original question…
Use Element.GetLocation instead of Element.Geometry. This gives you a single point rather than a bunch of individual geometries that you have to manipulate. It’s cleaner and much faster. Then you just need to set Geometry.DoesIntersect to longest lacing so that each space geometry is checked against each element location (point).

1 Like

@Marcel_Rijsmus thanks for the reply, i cant seem to find that node, i’m probably being dumb.

@Nick_Boyts Thanks for the reply, I didn’t know about lacing, that explains a lot of previous failed attempts , cheers.:sweat_smile:

Thanks for the getlocation suggestion, much better!

unfortunately its still returning false…

Sorry, you would still want to use Element.Geometry for the Spaces. You also don’t need List.Create or List Transpose. You may want to flatten your lists before testing the intersection though.

I also said longest lacing in my previous post but mean cross-product.

Elements in Space is from archilab
here is some more on that