Pipe Measurement in Spaces

I’m a complete Dynamo newbie - so please forgive me if I’m slow off the mark with this!!

I work with a lot of heat loss calcs - and tend to have to hand-measure pipework per space in Revit, add it all up & enter this value into a parameter to calculate the heat loss through schedules. Not only is it time-consuming but it also exposes us to human error.

What I was wondering was is there a way to utilise Dynamo to save time? For example, if I have a pipe that runs through 2 different rooms, would it be possible to detect/measure the length of pipe per space, then schedule this number back to Revit? So (in the case of the example image) Space 01 would contain 10000 & Space 02 would contain 5000?

If I was more experienced at Dynamo I could probably figure something out, but as it stands all I know is what I’d like to achieve - but not how to go about starting it! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Something like this?

4 Likes

Amazing! That’s exactly the sort of set up I mean, thank you! Any advice on how I would go about displaying these values under a ‘Number’ shared parameter for the correct spaces?

You can use the node “Element.SetParameterByName”!

Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi All! sorry guys, why “geometry intersect” don’t work with “curve.lenght”…? ((Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Curve), is called with(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Line).

Txs for the answers
Have a nice day
geoetry_curve_don't-work

hi @holzer_86 and welcome, it seems that you are feeding the Curve.Length a Line instead of a Curve, try to use the ToCurve node from DynaMEP package to solve it:

Hi tradelie! Thank you very much for your quick reply, but no way: with -to curve- warns " Internal error, please report: dereferencing a non-pointer".
I checked all links, i have no nodes with “null” results, except -Curve.Length-.
I don’t understand what’s wrong…
Maybe ther’s a substitute for -CurveLength-, that works better?

Hi @holzer_86 maybe try filter empty or null values before the Curve.Length node.
Cheers