Linking CAD by shared Coordinates (Origin 0,0 Problem)

Hi Guys, I have a CAD Drawing and I am linking it in Revit by shared coordinates.
However usually when I do such an approach, it would be very hard for me to locate where the CAD Drawing in the Revit Site View or any view basically.
I was wondering if there is any node or any approach that can help with this process
Thanks

#1 - Stop using AutoCRAP

#2 - If you have to link someone’s stone aged CAD file into Revit, make sure you place it in a 2D floor plan AND on the particular Level you want.

#3 - Open a default 3D view and type ZA for Zoom All to find it if it does not line up properly. If that doesn’t work, try dragging a massive selection window to find the spec in outer space.

Thanks Bill
I already know these stuff. So basically it is Revit issue we cannot change the project location or views to directly get the shape/Cad File right?

The Project Base Point inside of Revit should NEVER be messed with after you acquire it from an ARCH or STRUC model.

You can do whatever you want with a linked CAD file. A lot of them have to be manually aligned because they rarely align correctly.

Using grid lines is the easiest and most accurate way to align a CAD file. X-Y position on a 2D surface and you will most likely have a rotation issue as well. Align your A1 grid intersection first, then rotate the CAD file to align with your Revit grids.

1-May I ask exactly why I cannot change the project point ?
2- The survey point however can be changed?
3-What if I Have to work according to the new location I cannot always search for the location it’s time consuming. Any solution for that?

If you are the owner of the ARCH model it may have to be updated depending on what the on-site survey team finds, but this should only happen once or twice tops. A Project Base Point should not be a constantly moving target for everyone else to chase.

If you are working in an MEP model, you NEVER touch this. Whatever model the BIM Execution Plan says drives this fixed point goes and it is usually the ARCH model.

Thanks a lot dear.
Much appreciated

Anytime, we are all here to help each other.