Length parameter filling

Dear… I come again to ask for help… I created a parameter with the name “Real_Length” so that this parameter contains the value of the category “Handrails - Upper Rails”… I managed to create the parameter in the project, but I’m not able to filling in the parameter, I believe it is a very simple thing, because in the list you can see all the railings created, but the values are not being filled in, as you can see, I need the length of the extesion style to be added to the length of the railing , which is why the parameter being the sum of the two fields is called “Length_real”. Thank you very much in advance.

Captura de tela 2023-09-19 164146
Captura de tela 2023-09-19 164933

Can you show the error message?
I believe that the parameter might not be create when you try to fill it (since you see a null). If so you might need a passtrough.

Captura de tela 2023-09-19 164346

You are feeding a Top Rail as element not the Railing but the parameter seems to be created for Railings

1 Like

I’m doing this because I need the full value, the extension style plus the top rail value.

I’m extracting the total value of the top rail, that is, the dimensions plus the extension to obtain the total length of the top rail… I need to generate a quantity that has the total dimensions, as it is a very large project and it would make a lot of difference not to add these values… I accept possibilities of how to find and these values only, because I can’t find them.

projeto_teste_railing.rvt (5.3 MB)
Railing_length_r3.dyn (23.6 KB)

For anyone who can help, I’ve been trying to resolve this issue for over a week and I can’t find a solution to this issue.

Use a Transaction and a Wait node to ensure that the parameter is added to the elements before you attempt to write to it.

1 Like

Sorted out

I needed to create the node below, it gives the total value of the toprail length. let’s say it’s my first authorial node lol.

Railing_toprail.dyn (46.0 KB)